Chapter 1

I woke to a ray of that cursed sunshine. How I hated it so much. I turned over with a huff and stuffed the pillow on top of my head. One of the nurses came in and said "Time to wake up for your counseling circle session." Ugh. That again. I hated counseling. In fact, I hated counselors, doctors, police officers, everything, and everyone.

Anyways, I got up and walked down the long, white hallway with the nurse. She tried to make conversation but Im not really the type to talk. I won't tell you how I'm feeling if you ask. I won't answer any of their questions. I simply won't do anything around here. I just walk to wherever and sleep and go to the bathroom. You think I forgot eating , right? No, I don't like eating either half the time I puke whenever I eat and the smell of this food... Even worse. Only thing I like here is milk.

The nurse then opened up the door to our "circle counseling session." This session is supposed to help us express our thoughts and feelings. Ha, nope. Most of the kids here are all dramatic and cry and whine and complain. Sometimes I fall asleep and they don't even bother to wake me up. I never talk and they usually call on me but I just sit there and they act like they're gonna wait all day on me to talk but they gave up on me a long time ago.

Oh yeah, my name is Electra. Electra Dying Roses. Well, my parents gave me up for adoption so I never got a name. They gave me up because they saw my cat ears and tail and thought i was going to be a disaster. They thought right.

I grew up in an orphanage for 10 years and then I ended up here. I hated everything so I had caused too much trouble and destruction in the orphanage thats why they sent me here. The main reason I'm here is because I would cut myself. Not like the little scratches. I cut EVERYWHERE. And with anything I could find. I cut because I hated how everybody treated me and I hate myself so much. I still have the scars. I haven't been trusted with objects since.

I've been here for 4 years. Same room, same building, same routine, same people. Well, not quite. We get new patients and others go. Besides that, this is the normal for me.

The session finally started and after a few minutes of crying and whining and complaining from these mentally ill people a new patient had entered.

He had no nurse and he was handsome. He looked like he didn't belong here at all. He had jet black long hair shrouding his eyes so I couldn't see his eye color. He had this air about him that I could tell he wasn't like the rest of us. He seemed almost... inhuman. I guess it was just a cat thing because no one else seemed to notice or didn't care. He didn't even have on one of the white outfits everybody here wore. He had on instead skinny jeans, a Three Days Grace shirt, black DC shoes and a black leather jacket. Talk about a ray of sunshine. Everyone had stopped to stare at this kid. He looked about 16 or 17.

The counselor welcomed him to join and he sat next to me and rarely anybody did. The counselor then started asking him questions. "What's your name?"

"Blade Alexander Damned."

"Uh, okay 'BAD' where are you from?'

"Hell, where else?"

Some of the patients snickered at this.

"Okay do you have any family?"

"Except the devil? None." More laughs.

"Why are you here Blade?"

"I don't know. You guys think I'm crazy is that right?"

"No, you see we are here to help-

"Shut up. I don't care to hear your lame excuses. I'm done hearing it."

And with that the nurse was quiet for a minute or so before going on to someone else in the circle.

I looked out the corner of my eye and I think he was staring at me. Or glaring maybe. I immediately turned the other way and tried to sleep. I couldn't sleep because I felt eyes on me so I turned back around and he was still turned in my direction. I started to get nervous. I hated it when people stared at me. I quickly raised my hand. The counselor looked surprised and said ,"Yes, Elcetra?"

I stammered,"Uh, c-can I go to t-the restroom?"

She looked taken aback,"Yes you can.

I got up so fast I got light headed but I didn't care. I felt his eyes on me until I left the room. There was no nurse. Huh. Lucky me. I turned and headed for my room.

On my way there I passed a mirror. I caught a glimpse of my reflection: my black cat ears and tail twitched slightly as I walked, my black razored hair swayed, my glittering blue eyes looked frantic, my pink lips parted slightly, my scars perfectly visible, and my soft satin like skin was pale. Oh yeah, I'm 5 ft 3. Everyone stared at me because of how I looked. I guess being half cat and all I was sent here too. I am an outcast here because of my appearance.

I quickly came up to room 227. My room. Marked for the self harm section of the hospital. "Home-Sweet-Home."

I ran into my room to try to calm myself down and to catch my breath from walking. As thoughts began to swim through my head. Why was Blade staring at me? Why wasn't he like the rest of us? My mind was in overload. I didn't mind this since I usually am thinking a lot but I say nothing. Surely, a nurse would be sent to look for me soon. I laid down on my bed and before I knew it I had fallen asleep.