CHAPTER 4- Welcome To The Atish Family.

TO BE PUBLISHED THIS OCTOBER.

vote

comment and add it to ur reading lists :D

thank u :D

**********

The sharp rays of light from the sun stung my eyes and they snapped open. My vision was still blurry. I rubbed my eyes and the first thing I saw was that Shehzad was bare chest and covered with a white towel from below and was focused on rummaging through the closets.

"Hey!" I shouted, covering my eyes. He was so shameless.

"Oh—morning," he greeted in English. I could sense surprise in his voice.

"Would you mind getting out? This is embarrassing." I implied dryly, still covering my eyes.

I heard him chuckle smugly. "What's wrong with looking at a man's half naked body—especially if that man is your husband." He remarked in English. "You really are too naïve and immature." I heard him let out a disappointed sigh.

"Huh." I let out without thinking and raised my head. He was sitting at the corner of the bad and looking at me with curious eyes. He was dripping wet. I blushed.

What was going on? Yesterday he was in such a foul mood and said so many mean things. He looked a little drunk too. But right now, he's being blunt. And it sounded like he was acting a bit sincere.

'Is this guy suffering from a split personality?' I thought, feeling agitated.

"What a letdown. How are you going to live with me if you're this timid now?" he sighed, his facial expression showed his displeasure."Seriously you have no sex appeal at all." He commented in English—provoking me even further.

"Wait a minute. What are you trying to get at? You were the one who said that you don't acknowledge me as your wife. Then what's with the useless comments?" I snapped, he was making me angry.

He glared at me. "Sure I don't recognize you as my wife but still, I have to show the Chairman that you are my wife." He muttered in Urdu. "And you also have to act the part. We have to show the Chairman that we are getting along—because it was he who forced me into this marriage. And I don't know about you, but I'm not happy about this. Let me tell you this now, don't ever meddle into my affairs or else I'll have to show you your place by myself." He said very harshly, and he was actually trying to intimidate me. But I wasn't scared in the least.

I had already made up my resolve. But for now, I have to stay quiet. He was underestimating me. He might think that eastern women aren't as headstrong as western women. But I'm going to prove him wrong. I'm going to prove myself worthy of him. We come from different worlds and may seem incompatible with each other, but I will change that. If not, then God will hold me accountable for it.

For now, I will silently observe him.

He saw that I didn't give him a reply; he got up with an annoying expression, grabbed his suit and headed towards the door.

"Don't forget what I said to you." He reminded me again. "Oh and two of my cousins will be coming to pick you up for the party in the afternoon. Try to put a smile on that face of yours. And I will see you tonight." He slammed the door behind him.

I breathed in out to let the bad conversation of my mind. I didn't let his sarcastic comments bother me. I'm sure that deep down, he must be a nice person. I hope.

I glanced at a wall clock. It was 7:10 p.m. looking around, I was further disheartened because the room didn't look like a married couples' room at all. There weren't any flowers neither was the bed decorated with roses and dandelions.