Advice

It was 5:00an in the morning when I was woken up by a disgusting being. My older brother Raymon. I groggily sat up in my bed as he opened the curtain to further awaken me but forgot that it was dark.

"Why exactly am I awake, Raymon?" I asked groggily rubbing my eyes.

He looked at me and smiled. "Its your first day of Middle School. The girls get pretty and the grades get ugly." He patted his chest and looked in the distance in remembrance.

I rolled my eyes. This is what he woke me up for?

"And?"

He looked at me funny."And? And that means I gotta lay it down on you. Give you all the knowledge I know. It has to be passed down to you."

I just sat there and Prepared for this knowledge that I for one never knew existed. But, I sat there and listened anyway because I know he would give it to me anyway.

"There are rules to middle school, and I'm not talking about the ones the counselor give you. I'm talking about the ones you can't break because you'll get more than detention." He explained.

Huh. This was actually getting interesting. He might have woke me up for a good reason. I sat up straight and proceeded to listen as he continued.

"Clothes. You gotta dress to impress. Always. But its gotta be low key. Your styles gotta be chill and laid back. It makes you approachable making you popular." He said wisely.

Wow. Raymon actually knew what he was talking about. Maybe I should listen to him about other things too. Nah.

" People. Surround yourself with people like you. People you like. Then make friends with their friends. Remember in order to be popular doesn't mean everyone likes you. It means everyone you like, likes you."

This was all kinda new. We never really wake up and just talk to one another like this.

" Now this one might be hard for you. Lango. You gotta know all the slang and drop a few "F" bombs now and then. Do t go over board with the swearing but don't seem to goody goody ya know?"

I nodded even though I didn't know. I didn't plan in knowing either. I've heard mom curse in anger and I always hated hearing it. It was so ugly.

He looked at me knowing how I felt about it. He thought the same thing. Or at least I thought so.

"Girls. Don't date too many. Don't date too few. And know just cause she cute don't mean she worth it. By that I mean if she fresh out of a relationship 9 times out of 10 her ex is coming back. That's important."

I nodded again I was gonna remember all this information. He told me it as if it was life or death so that was how I was going to handle it.

I guess he would know. He was the little golden boy of East High. It was his first day of high school and he had it all figured out. Nothing for Raymon to worry about.

"Thanks Raymon sounds like my days gonna be more eventful then I thought." I smiled.

He smiled back and said. "You have no idea. But you will."

* * * * *

I walked out of my room in khaki joggers, a white polo, and some fresh Adidas. I was quite impressed with myself. I proceeded down the hallway. I got the thumbs up from Ramon.

My morning couldn't have been better. I sat down ate some cereal grabbed my binder and I was out the door.

I walked out the house with a pep in my step as I neared the bus stop. When I got there I saw some kids already there. They waved me over.

I walked over kinda nervous. They seemed nice except they were very large. Scary even. I wiped my palms on my joggers and proceeded.

The biggest one spoke first. His voice was deep and raspy, like he smoked. As I got closer I found my conclusion to be right.

"Go stand right there And will let you sit next to us on the bus." He rasped.

I looked to his right and saw a hot chick. So, I immediately walked over to that spot he pointed at. It was a little farther away than the rest of the group but I stayed there in fear.

I sat there alone listening to them laugh together. I was about to say something when the bus came rolling by.

In this moment I knew I slipped up.

The bus came by and splashed water all over me. That's when I realized. They told me to stand by a huge puddle. They set me up. They planned it.

I looked over to see them laughing at me.

I walked into the bus mortified. Everyone looked at me. They were staring at me hard and giggling. I had made a poor attempt to dit next to the older kids that had set me up.

"Seats taken." The big one said.

"But you said-" I started, but was cut off.

"I know what I said, now go sit in the back little bitch."

He said it so loud the whole bus heard. They full on laughed at me. I was so embarrassed. I could feel tears building up and my face turning red. I wanted to say something. To do something but I didn't. I stood there as everyone laughed at me. I slowly walked to the back taking in everything. Some girl even called me a pussy.

I walked all the way to the back of the bus and sat down next to this kid that waved me over.

"Salutations. I'm Johnny Fodora." He introduced himself and held out a hand.

As I looked at him I noticed that he was drenched in muddy water too. I grinned slightly and took his hand.

"Salutations. I'm Mickey Furthington." I replied.

We then continued the drive to school. It's gonna be a long day .