Chapter 1: UNDER EXTREME REVISION

IMPORTANT A/N:

Hello, Zutarians.

I am Eli. For those of you who have already been reading this story, I want to personally thank you for it! I AM CURRENTLY REVISING IT ENTIRELY AND REWRITING IT. Because of wattpad's idiotic updating system, it posts before I'm done With it entirely so, I apologize about how messy it is. Be sure to read it's done.

For those who are new, welcome! I do hope you will enjoy this story with all of your heart. May Kataangers fall at the feet of the true OTP, Zutara!

Let's begin!

~ ~ ~

Katara's eyes trace Aang's body as he pulls his shirt over his head and tosses it to the ground before stepping into the fountain. They arrived at the Air Temple three days ago, a rough trip, particularly for the usually so tough Toph.

As Aang rhythmically bends the water, he talks smoothly to Katara. Whatever he's saying goes right over her head however, as her attention is focused entirely on the fluid movement of the water. It swirls so willingly around Aang's hands. Such a powerful element, such a strong and determined yet forgiving and calming power. With her eyes glued to the watery snake slithering through midair, Katara doesn't even register that her new boyfriend is speaking directly to her.

"Katara!" Aang shouts, dropping the water abruptly. She snaps out of her trance and looks up at Aang's soft gray eyes. "Were you listening?"

"I'm sorry, Aang." She slips off her shoes, now eager to join him in the fountain and feel the exciting yet calming rush of energy that she knows comes with bending water recreationally. It feels good to be back in clothes easier to move in. She wears the ones she wore during the invasion. They are far more comfortable and easier to bend in than that Earth Kingdom dress she clad in most recently. As she lifts a small column of water up, the chi flowing through her makes her fingertips tingle. "What were you saying?"

"What if someone finds out?" She looks up and takes note of the genuine concern in Aang's eyes.

"I'm sorry Aang, I don't follow. If they find out about what?"

"You know." He motions his hands vaguely.

"No, I don't." She giggles. "If they find out about what?"

"Us... as a couple," he answers timidly, shying away. His shoulders hunch and his eyes slide their gaze to the floor.

Katara only laughs.

"Aang, what are you talking about? Why does it unnerve you to tell our friends that we're together?" She continues to giggle at her partner's cute shyness.

"I, um... I think it's a bad idea."

Aang's hesitation to answer now genuinely draws her attention. She voices the first thought that comes to mind.

"Are you ashamed of me?"

"N-no, of course not!" he stammers, waving his hands in defense.

"Then why don't you want tell anyone?"

"I don't know. I guess... I guess it's mostly because I was raised never allowed to have a family. I wasn't meant to fall in love. Not only because of being a monk, but because of being the Avatar. This is stressful for me, and it will take awhile getting used to." He reaches out to grab Katara's hands. They're cold against her own. "Will you be patient with me, Katara?"

The water-bender bites her lip. "Yes, of course I will, Aang."

His expression softens with relief. "Ah. Thank you, Katara." He leans in and kisses her lips gently. Katara doesn't kiss back, but the embrace doesn't last long enough for Aang to notice. He pulls back with a goofy grin, and the tips of his ears are bright red.