Chapter 2

The next morning, I woke up feeling pretty alright. Noah was still sleeping soundlessly, cuddled up to my chest with his arm thorn across my waist and his head resting on my chest. I looked down at him, admiring the cute expression that he sports while in slumber. He's so adorable with his face looking completely relaxed, honestly it makes me fall a little more for him each time I look at him this way.

When Noah started to stir, I quickly closed my eyes. I didn't want him to think that I was creepily staring at him while he was sleeping, even though I was. I don't want to seem like a complete freak right now, no reason to make him concerned for the well being of my mental state.

"Mmm... Morning..."

"Morning, dearest Noah. Did you sleep?"

"Decently, although I don't know if I should feel special or creeped out that my boyfriend has been watching me since he woke up."

"I uh.. I didn't-"

"Baby it's fine, I do it to you sometimes. Now, are you ready to wake up? I'm kinda hungry and I want to shower before work."

"Yeah okay, we can get up now. I'll make breakfast while you shower, since you have to be at work before me. I can just shower after you leave."

"Sounds good."

With that, Noah detached himself from me. I immediately felt colder without him resting on me, but I got up regardless. I was suddenly hit with a wave of dizziness, a pounding through my skull came simultaneously which left me shocked. I say back down on my bed and brought my hands up to my temples, trying to ride out this sudden attack. Three seconds following, it left as quickly as it came. Odd, this definitely isn't normal.

Ignoring what just happened, I got to my feet once again, and proceeded to head downstairs to make my boyfriend some breakfast. I decided to force myself to eat, since just thinking about it made me feel sick. It definitely needs to pass, I decided.

I made some toast, pancakes, and I put out some orange juice. I don't particularly like the taste, but Noah does. I made myself some coffee instead. Noah doesn't like coffee too much, which seems quite odd to me. He's more of a hot peppermint tea kind of guy.

After I finished, Noah came downstairs dressed in a tight white tshirt and khaki pants, with a pair of Nike air sneakers. His typical work attire, I concluded, since he doesn't wear too much else when he goes to teach his students. I find his work attire sexy though, not that he isn't normally sexy. It's just, sometimes when a guy wears something kind of like a uniform of sorts, I find it kind of a turn-on.

Noah gave me a heartwarming smile as he took a seat across from me at the kitchen table. I returned it, passing him his glass of orange juice. I sipped my coffee, watching him eat everything on his plate. I managed to eat most of it, having to stop since the feeling of being sick was too strong. Hoping to calm the feeling, I pushed my plate away and stood up, taking another sip of coffee. It worked enough to think clearly, so I say back down, gazing at Noah. He looks up at me questioningly, a notion in which I return.

"So babe, I was thinking after your done with work I would take you out to dinner, seeing as we haven't been on a nice date in a while."

"Uh o..okay? Something bring this on, Braylon?"

"Can't a guy want to take his boyfriend out to dinner, just because? I thought I was being romantic."

"No! No that isn't it, baby I'm happy I just wanted to know if there was a reason is all."

"Of course, I want to see you happy. I want to see you smile, I haven't seen it too often. Now hurry up and finish, you don't want to be late for work." I winked and kissed him after walking to his side of the table, then quickly grabbed his plate and silverware, disposing of them in the sink for me to wash later. Noah quickly kissed my bye, then out the door he went.

I went up the stairs to take a shower. I stopped in my bedroom to get some clothes since I am only dressed in my boxer shorts that I wore to bed. After gathering a black shirt, black skinny jeans, and some red boxer briefs, I put them on the counter in the bathroom and took my shower. Once satisfied, I dried myself off and got dressed in the attire that I chose for work. I dried my hair with a blow drier, then mussed it up a bit so it didn't look to neat.

I went downstairs, but on some socks and my neon yellow vans, then promptly grabbed my keys and cell phone as I headed out the door. I got in my car, and headed to work where only my brother Riley was working today. Jay and Alex took the day off to sleep, poor suckers must have been tired from the night before. Oh well!

After parking my car, I headed inside and promptly greeted my brother. Ryley is younger than me by two years, putting him at the nice age of 20. He's straight, but much to his dismay he is single. One night stands aren't doing it for him anymore. Apparently, he wants what I have, only he wants it to be with a girl. Straight guys, I swear!

After creating a new set of ceramic coffee mugs, I placed them in the kiln to fire for tomorrow. Being that the act had taken up a majority of my day, I decided it was about time to head out. Ryley handles the register while I create the art on the days that we work alone together. It's an effective system, we have learned.

Checking the time, I realized it was a little before six. I told Ry that he could leave, and I quickly closed up shop. Digging my phone out from the pocket of my jeans, I sent a quick text to Noah telling him to meet me at the restaurant in about 15 minutes, since that's when I made the reservation. I planned to finally ask him the question. You know, the question!

My nerves were finally hitting me as I drove closer to my destination. When I finally reached the shmancy restaurant, I got myself the table that I achieved via reservation and awaited the arrival of the one I hope will be my fiancé by the end of tonight. You heard right, that's the question!

Noah arrives only ten minutes after me, and he is led to the table by the waiter. He leans over the table to place a brief kiss to my lips, one that I quickly return. I pull away and make an effort to gauge the reaction of the man that is going to serve us. Not that I actually care for the man's opinion, but it would be nice to not fear having my food violated or 'taken care of' in any harmful way by an adventurous homophobic waiter. It happened to a friend of mine, once.

Much to my shock, the waiter had a small smile shown on his lips. That's a good thing I thought. This could possibly be okay.

Noah took the seat across from me, and offered a huge grin, something that I immediately returned. We placed our drink orders, mine being a water and Noah's being Mountain Dew (he has a fixation on the carbonated stuff), then were left to decide what to order when the waiter left. After looking it over for a few minutes, I couldn't wait any longer. I had to ask the man I love what I've been wanting to ask him for so long.

"Hey... Noah?"

"Yeah, Bray?"

"You know I love you always, yes?"

"Uh... yeah, but why? your starting to scare me."

"I don't mean to, honestly baby. But, there's something really important that I need to ask you. Okay?"

"Sure..." he looked at me with the upmost confusion, tilting his head to the side a bit, silently asking me with his eyes to get on with it.

Feeling the nerves I tried to suppress clawing there way back into me, I stood up, then walked around trying my hardest to squelch my shaking. Shit, I need to calm down. It's just a simple question! Yeah right, nothing about this is simple. I just hope he says yes, it will kill me if he says that fucking dreaded word.

Noah's face grew more and more confused with each step I took. When I stopped in front of him, I held his gaze and dropped to one knee. Noah's eyes widened significantly as tears gathered in them. They started to fall silently as I began speaking.

"Noah, I love you. I love you so completely and so deeply that I can't imagine my life without you. Each and every day I fall a little more in love with you, and life wouldn't have any meaning unless it had you in it. I want to wake up to you every morning and fall asleep holding you every night. Please, please do me the honor of letting me become your husband. Marry me?"

"Oh... My... god..." his tears were falling faster now. God, the nerves. "Yes!"

I jumped to my feet, and gathered him in my arms. I slipped the ring on his finger that I removed from my pocket, and kissed him hard on the lips. I heard the murmurs of the other people around me, but I couldn't bring myself to care. I was entirely too happy to worry about them. My boyfriend- er fiancé, just agreed to marry me. A clearing of someone's throat is what grabbed my attention.

"Uh... Sirs? Are you ready to order?"

Both Noah and I shared sheepish grins as we ordered linguini with Alfredo sauce. The waiter left with a half embarrassed, half amused look on his face. Me and my fiancé were left grinning like idiots.

"Bray, how long were you planning this?"

"Well, a while. I love you, Noah. I'm so happy you said yes."

"Me too, love. Me too."

Our dinners came soon after. I was hoping my appetite would have returned by now, but depressingly it hadn't. I tried, I really did, to eat something. I managed a little less than half of my plate before I literally couldn't eat anymore. I felt like I was going to be sick, so I promptly excused myself. I walked quickly to the bathroom, where I emptied the contents of my dinner into the nearest toilet. Luckily for me, the bathroom was empty. I spent at least five minutes throwing up, then finished up after flushing and washing my hands, then hurrying back to Noah.

He gave me a confused and concerned glance, but I gave him a reassuring smile. I'm perfectly okay, I might just be getting the flu. I hate the doctors, so I refuse to go for some minor issues like mine. It's nothing to worry over, honest.

After Noah finished eating (and me saying I couldn't eat anymore) I paid the check and met Noah at home. While he get undressed, I took a shower. I started singing, since it calms me down some.

"I'm sorry, I'm not what you wanted

I'm sorry, I'm sorry I let you down.

I could use some poor excuse cuz the hardest thing to say

Oh it's the hardest thing to say in the world, is I'm sorry..."

I'm not sure why, but somehow that song always seemed to make me feel batter. I've felt like that on more than one occasion, and something tells me that the last time won't actually be the last. Either way, I love it.

I finished up in the shower, then dried off and wrapped the towel around my waist. I wish my sexual drive was where it was not too long ago. I feel like we should celebrate the engagement, but I feel so drained. I honesty feel like I went a few rounds already, I'm literally about to pass out on my feet at that thought, I hurry up and go into our bedroom. I go to my dresser and grab a pair of boxers and slip them on over my hips.

I feel Noah's eyes on me, and I feel like an ass. I know what he wants, but I'm so tired that I physically can't. Not like any other day. And I know he understands, since he says nothing, but it doesn't stop me from feeling horrible. It's our fucking engagement night! I should make love to my fiancé! Ugh, stupid cold...

Noah left to quickly shower, then returned to kiss me on my forehead. After commenting that my forehead felt warm, I told him that I might be catching a cold or something. He, of course, worried like hell, which I told him wasn't necessary. He tried to convince me to see a doctor, which is an idea that I quickly shot down. He made me promise to go if I got worse, which is something I reluctantly agreed to.

Noah made me lay down, and he insisted on tucking me in. We both said goodnight and he kissed my cheek. He said something about not wanting to catch my disease, which had me laughing out loud. Tonight is going to be a long night.