Chapter 5 - Day before

As the Wedding day rapidly approaches, the people of Fanelia continue to prepare things that are needed for the wedding. Visitors from other countries started to arrive at Fanelia’s gates.

On the other hand, Princess Millerna is busy with Hitomi for the fitting of her wedding gown and last minute shopping for her remaining accessories.

Millerna, I don’t need these…

You’ll need these, trust me. Millerna winked at her. I’m also giving this to you as a wedding gift. Don’t open it till the wedding day, okay? Hitomi nods in response.

After the shopping, the ladies went back to the palace to look after the visitors from other countries. Van is also busy having a talk with the Kings of from other kingdoms.

Well, I’d like to propose that we build a new trading route from Fanelia to Pallas, or should I say we reconstruct it? There seems to be bandits along the way that most of the traders to and fro encounter them. Should we put walls on each side and guards along the way? The King of Pallas said.

Now, now gentlemen, I think this is not the time to discuss those things. We can set another day for us Kings to have these kinds of meetings. The father of Millerna interrupted.

I suggest a toast to the upcoming wedding of the King of Fanelia! Another King said.

A toast for their happiness!

For the kingdom’s prosperity!

Congratulations to King Van and to the future Queen of Fanelia, Hitomi!

Sound of goblets clanking to each other can be heard inside the whole room, some men drank the whole content of their goblets and some didn’t.

As for Hitomi who’s busy looking after the Queens and Princesses, plastered a smile on her face since most of them are asking her silly questions. She answered them carefully not to slip an aghast to each of them. Millerna approached her.

I can see you’re having a hard time there. Millerna whispered to Hitomi.

You can say that again. I’m so tired you know. She sighed.

Don’t worry, it’ll be over soon. Millerna winked at her. I’m really excited to see you wear your dress Hitomi! Can I go to your room after this to see it again?

You don’t have to ask. Of course you can go!

 Can I see it too? A small princess suddenly interrupted their talk.

Oh, sorry little princess, you can’t. You’ll have to wait till the wedding day and that’s two days from now. Millerna bend over to answer the princess.

Is that so? Then I have to wait and see you wear it! I bet it’s beautiful when you wear it Lady Hitomi!

Hitomi chuckled. Let’s wait and see.

After dinner with the guests, Hitomi settled down to her room to rest. She sat at the balcony over viewing the garden and the night sky.

At last, peace and quiet after the long talks between the lady guests. She thought.

Hitomi stretched her arms and sat at the chair and lifted her feet to the table. Feels better. She inclined her head to look at the dark sheet above her, with stars that endlessly shine and decorated it. Her eyes drifted to the planet Earth and the moon.

Do you want to go back?

Huh? Oh Van! How long have you been there?

Long enough to see what you’ve been doing.