Chapter 3

Willow POV

"No," I said defensively. "I don't think drinking is good for your health, that's all."

Why did I feel like I had to impress him all of the sudden? Must just been teenage insecurities.

"Mmm, really? I can't say I agree." He sauntered over to the bar, and sat down on the stool next to me.  "Why are you sitting here all alone? Couldn't get a date "

I glared at him. Who did he think he was, Mr. Popularity? God, was he insufferable.

"No, unlike you I have friends, and also, unlike you, I don't have unlimited energy, and I do tire out eventually." I huffed, annoyed, and looked down at my glass, trying vainly to ignore the smirk spreading across his face. Didn't he understand that sometimes you just need to be alone for a while?

"Oooh, I touched a nerve, did I? Don't worry love, I'm sure a pretty little thing like you will be picked up in no time. I would, if I didn't know about the whole girl thing." He leaned forwards, looking at me haughtily, his smirk becoming unbearable.

"Excuse me! I have a girlfriend, and for your information, I wouldn't even touch you if I was desperate!" I stood up and went to storm away, disgusted that I let myself get into this situation, with Spike of all people.

"Hey, where you going? Your drink just got here?" I heard something strange in his voice, and I turned to see Spike grinning sheepishly. "I didn't mean it Willow, I was just kidding you."

I didn't want to waste my Coke, so I grudgingly sat back down.

I was there for a while, mainly watching people as they passed, and chatting with the bartender. I had completely forgotten about Spike, until two guys started to talk to me.

"Hey baby, you looking for a good time tonight? You have to try this drink, it's amazing."

They kept bugging me, soI tried to pretend I wasn't interested, until one of them grabbed my arm. 

"Hey, I'm talking to you. Who do you think you are, ignoring me like that? You're just a stupid chick!"

I looked around, but no one seemed to notice that this guy was harassing me. I couldn't think straight, and was starting to panic.

"Hey, let go! I need to go find my friends!" I tried to squirm out of his grasp, but he held on tight, and I was getting really scared.

"I'm not going to let you go until you apologize! !"You can either come with us, or we can do this the hard way!"

"I will not! You're just some perverted creep! Let go!" I started to cry, terrified of him, but no wanting to give him what he wanted.

"You little-!" He cut out, and wound up to smack me.

Just them I heard someone bellow, "What the bloody hell do you think you're doing with her?"

I squeezed my eyes shut, preparing myself for the hit, when suddenly his hand disappeared from my arm. I opened my eyes to see Spike punch the guy in the nose, blood spurting out onto his hand. The guy swore, then toppled over, his eyes glazed over in pain.

I made eye contact with Spike, and he was suddenly by my side.

"Are you okay?"  He spoke gently, but I could hear the anger in his voice.

"I-I think so." I stared to cry harder. I was still so scared of what that man might have done, i just couldn't stop.

I felt Spike pull me into his arms, and gently picked up my arm and asked, "Did he do this?" 

I looked down and saw a large bruise starting to bloom where he had grabbed me.

I hiccuped. "Y-yes."

He hugged me awkwardly. "It's alright Wil. You'll be fine." He tilted my face so I could see his face. His eyes were full of concern.

Just then Tara and Buffy ran up.

"Willow, sweetheart, are you okay?" Tara embraced me worriedly.

"Wil, what happened?" Buffy asked.

"Some guy grabbed me. I'm fine, just a little shaken up" I said, my legs wobbling. "Spike saved me."

They both turned to Spike in disbelieve, until Tara walked over to him and hugged him.

"Thank you for helping her." Tara said. She was so kind and willing to forgive anyone. It's one of the reasons I loved her so much.

"Thank you Spike." Buffy said grumpily.

Spike's smirk returned.

"Do my ears deceive me? Did the all-powerful Slayer just say 'thank you'?"

"Don't get a big head over it." Buffy grumbled, taking my arm. "Come one Wil, lets get you home."

Tara went and told Xander and Anya we were going, then came back to join us.

As we walked out the door I couldn't help but look back at Spike's retreating figure. He seemed like he had cared so much. Was he just being nice, or was it something more?

******Hisies! Thanks for reading! Comment and follow me for more updates! Bye!!!!******