Chapter 3: Ghosts in the Air...

I slammed the house door as I rebalanced my bag and started jogging towards the haunted house. Not many people go there except the angels. We just started going there last Tuesday. Then, I abruptly stopped. When I thought about this, it always made my body shiver with fear, and I tried not to show it.

So last month, Michael Londen, Lily's crush, Derek's younger brother and also an angel, he often biked here before because this was the angel meeting spot. When he came back last Monday to my house, his face was as pale as a sheet, and he was in a daze. It was surprising how he even made it back alive in his state.

He panted, "Tell them you come in peace! Or they'll trap you and kill you! Don't die on my watch! Be careful, their women, called ShenNui will try to-" Michael got a strange faraway look in his eyes and without a sound, fainted, or so we thought, onto my mother's favorite elegant pink sofa.

Jessica started half screaming, and her brown eyes were wide and filled with terror.

Tears were suddenly pouring down her upset face as she sobbed, "Michael was right. He was right!" She clutched her boyfriend's limp arm, and kept on crying.

I finally reached the haunted house. It was an old mansion that was creaky, and was falling apart. I checked my watch and it read 8:08.

"Julia, come here!" said a strangely familiar voice. It wasn't one of the current angels, because there was only Justin, Dylan, John, Oliver, Lily, Jessica, and me. It also probably might not be another classed person from school, because they would call me Jackie, my school nickname. Not a lot of people knew my name was Julia.

I turned around to face Lily with her roller skates on.

She had just arrived, and she looked very relaxed. "Lil, are they here yet?" I asked.

"No, they are coming in ten minutes, because I was thinking we could explore it first. But I can text them to come now if you want. " she answered, and then casually asked, "Why?"

"I literally just heard a damn familiar voice say come here Julia!" I claimed truthfully.

"Well, I don't really believe in ghos-" Lily started seriously.

"Lily, Julia, you know I exist. It's me, Michael." the voice repeated in a booming voice. "And, thanks. For coming here, you know." Michael muttered.

"Do you believe him?" Lily whispered to me. She shivered and absentmindedly put on her pale pink jacket.

"Yes," I started. "I, I do believe you Michael. Now, what happ-" Then I saw Michael looking pretty real. He was smiling his golden smile.

"Julia!" Justin's voice called. Lily, Michael, and I spun around instantly. Justin ran over and then froze when he saw Michael.

"Holy crap! What the hell? Am I damn delusional or what?" Justin demanded.

"Holy crap yourself!" Michael laughed. "I'm back, but not for long. I can only coach you to battle them and that's all." he sighed and I couldn't help feeling sorry for Michael. "I'll fill you in when the rest are here."

_________________________________________________________________

=) Heyy! I just wanted to mention: thanks for waiting everyone. And if you noticed, I dedicated yet another chapter to @AnnieBarrett, because she is a great writer, and you should take the time to look at her stories.

-Feb