Chapter One : Chrissy Cat

Dedicated to @kgbaker for being interested in my book and motivating me to keep writing. Thank you.

Chapter One

We were swinging on the park swing set and it was one of those perfect days. Sun shining, not a cloud to be seen, and our laughter could be heard throughout the neighborhood. "Jonathan can you push me I want to go higher?" I asked, with five year old enthusiasm. "I guess so." he replied with a smile. "Yay!" I squealed with delight. "You're the best older brother ever! I love you Jonny!" I giggled. "I love you too Chrissy cat."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

''Chris time to get up! " my mom yelled from downstairs. Once again she tries to wake me up before my alarm goes off. I opened my eyes and looked at the alarm on my nightstand. I still have five more minutes to sleep. Ugh mom! I closed my eyes again and tried to fall back asleep. But of course that wouldn't be happening, because right after I closed my eyes for like a second my alarm started going off. "No! how? that wasn't even a minute let alone five! " I shouted in frustration at the super loud alarm. I am not a morning person, at all. I grumbled some more, then got out of bed and headed to the bathroom. I dont usually put on a lot of make up because people tell me I am pretty with out it. I put on mascara and some light pink blush then went downstairs for breakfast. "Good morning Christina " my mom greeted. I returned with a mumbled 'morning' and sat down at the counter. I quickly ate my scrambled eggs and toast then went back upstairs to finish getting ready. I wore a light pink Cami with a jeans jacket over it, skinny jeans, and nude ballet flats, then brushed my naturally curly, chocolate brown hair. After one last look in my full body length mirror, I grabbed my backpack, phone, and keys and left the house. "Bye honey I love you " my mom said giving me a hug and kiss on the cheek. "Bye mom love you too." My black convertible was waiting for me in the drive way and I got in and headed to school.

*************************************

"Hey Chris!" one of my friends Angel exclaimed as I walked into my homeroom class.

"Hey Angel how are you?" I greeted back with a smile.

"I'm great what about you?"

"I'm doing good i can't complain."

She let out a laugh for some reason and i gave her a confused look.

"What?" i asked

"You're dang right you can't complain you're the most popular girl at school, well except for Haley."

I agreed with her but didn't quite understand why i was so popular they're wasn't really anything so special about me. Haley on the other hand was probably the prettiest girl at our school according to most of the kids. Her personality was okay, definitely not the nicest person, but not a total brat like in the cliche high school movies. She was pretty decent in my opinion and we talked once in a while but we were definitely not like bffs or something. She was a volleyball player, surprise surprise! And so was I. She was a dark chocolate brunette and had gorgeous blue eyes while mine were a boring hazel. Like I said though I can't complain I have everything I could possibly want. "So are you ready for the Trig test next period?"
"Oh my gosh no, crap I completely forgot!" I said eyes wide.
"Don't worry I'm sure you'll be fine , you're smart."
"I didn't even study though! I'm doomed."
She let out a laugh and I glared at her. "Sorry I just think its funny that you're so worried even though you have an A in that class."
"Ugh whatever Angel" I groaned then the bell rang.

"Sup Chris?" Jake said as we got into the lunch line.
"Hey Jake. So how do you think you did on that Trig test?"
"I think I did alright, how about you?"
"Well let's just say I forgot to study so probably not good." I said with a frown.
"Oh I'm sure you did fine, you're too smart to fail." He chuckled.
We got our food then took a seat with our close group of friends who were already eating. My friend group consisted of Jake, Angel, Sarah, and Micah. I did have a bunch of other friends but I wouldn't consider them close.
"Hey guys, pick a seat any seat." Micah greeted in the way a magician would talk.
I smiled as I set my tray down. "You love talking like that don't you?"
"Hey what can I say it's fun."
We talked about the usual topics like sports and entertainment until the bell rang and it was time to go to class.
"We'll see you later Chris." Sarah said as she walked away hand in hand with Micah.
There are just too cute.

Last period finally arrived and it was time for chorus. "Okay guys, so auditions for solos for the fall concert are next Thursday. And don't worry if you don't a get a solo this time because we have plenty of other concerts this year. We are doing 5 songs and I am also putting together a quartet so there is a meeting about that after class. "Jess is handing out music for out first song called 'When The Morning Comes'" so turn to page one.
"Are you going to tryout?" Sarah asked.
"I don't know yet maybe, are you?"
"Probably especially since I didn't get a solo last year."
"True, well I'm sure you'll be great."
"You should try out you have an amazing voice." She said with a smile.
"Thanks Sarah I'll definitely think about it."

The halls were almost empty when we got out of the meeting which is great because crowded hallways are not at the top of my "Things I love list".
"Hey Chris! Are you going to try out?!" A trio of girls asked as they walked up to my locker.
I knew the blonde as Emily and the two brunettes as Sam and Taylor, they are practically inseperable.
"Hey guys, um yeah I was thinking about it."
"You totally should because you are one of the best singers in chorus." Emily exclaimed.
"I don't know about all that but thanks anyways." I chuckled at their enthusiasm.
"Your so welcome, well see you tomorrow Chris," they waved as they left.
"They adore you." Sarah stated with a smirk after the girls left.
"No they don't that's weird, I'm nobody special." I replied with a roll of my eyes.
"You keep believing that Christina. Any ways I'm going to go so have fun at volleyball."
"Bye Sahara desert." I answered laughing using my oh so clever nickname.
"Bye Christopher" she replied sticking out her tongue.
We both laughed then she left and I traveled to my destination of the school gym.
"Hi Coach Lopez, I'm sorry for being late I was in a chorus meeting."
"Its alright just get started on your spiking practice.
"Hey girl, so you decided to leave me all alone, thanks." Angel greeted sarcastically.
"No, but here I am now, the life of the party," I replied with a wink.
She rolled her eyes and then we started to practice.

"Mom I'm home!" I shouted as I walked into my house. There was no reply.
I checked the kitchen and living room then called out again but there was no answer.
"Mom, you here?!" I finally reached her bedroom, and the door was closed. I could hear faint sobs coming from the inside.
"Hey mom are you okay?" I opened the door and she was sitting on her bed with red eyes and tissues.
"Mom what's wrong?"
"He's gone honey," she replied in between sobs.
"What do you mean? Who's gone?"
"Your brother, he's dead."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi, Aloha, Bonjour. So I hope you liked that chapter and continue to bare with me because summer is here and that means more updates. I suck at updating but I am going to try. If you didnt like it maybe stick around because i promise it will get better. Feed back helps alot with that. And also The fanfiction part will begin next chapter so stay tooned folks. Tell me what you thought in the comments and give this a vote if you want. Thanks for reading, have a fabulous day, love Gabby.