Chapter 21

Mailik POV:

"I didn't mean to get you in trouble,I'm sorry." "Don't even apologize." Selina said. Carter took a deep breath in and sat up."You actually knocked me out that time." Carter said standing. "I could do it again easily. " "Are you sure? " Carter leaned close to me. "That would make Selina hate you." Carter said whispering.

"Mailik! I got a mission sheet!" Claire yelled from behind me. When did Claire leave? Claire handed it to me. Defeat Hydra base. Level 9 mission. I'm a level 7,so is Selina and Carter. "We can't do this one." I told Claire in the nicest way possible. "Why? are you scared?" Clare teased. "No, look at the level." I showed Claire the sheet. "Level 9.Not bad. I'm level 13." Claire said shrugging. "You are?" Selina,Carter and I said in union. "Yeah.What level are you guys?" " 7." We all said union again. "Oh, well,come on! We can do it! I'll protect you guys!" Claire begged. "I thought you were a newbie,how did you get to level 13 so quickly?" Carter asked. "Details aren't important." Claire said quickly. "This time,they are.Selina and I have been here since we were born.Carter's been here for a while.Were all only level 7." I said. " Uh, I'm hacked into Shield a few months back and stole a few missions and completed them and in the computer I wrote that you guys did it.I messed up one time by sending a mission for Selina to Fury and he gave to you guys. I wanted to do that one really bad to." "Take down Killain?" Selina asked. "Yep,that's the one!" Claire sang. " That explains why that mission was out of no where." Selina said. "They soon found out it was me and gave me a job at level 13." Claire finished. "I don't know about you guys but, I actually want to go on this mission. I can't die so there's nothing to lose!" Carter said. "Carter,don't be stupid.You can die. Iris had the same thing as you and she died." Selina said. Carter rubbed the back of his head. "So,are we going or not?" "N-" I was interrupted by Fury behind me. "Your all going on the mission.You might get promoted if you do this mission without dying." Fury said. "Yes sir." We all said in union. Fury looked at Selina and walked away. "When dose the mission start?" I asked sighing. Claire looked at the sheet. "13:00.Or,1 o'clock." Claire said happily. Carter looked at his phone. "It's 12:45 right now." "I'll go get Liz." Selina left. "You see that?," Carter asked leaning on my shoulder pointing at Selina. " That's mine." Carter said smiling. Without thinking I punched Carter making in the nose. Carter started laughing. "Someone's jealous." I pushed past Claire and turned the corner angrily.

Selina POV:

I turned the corner and looked for Liz. I found her at her desk talking on the phone with someone. "Tomorrow? I'd love too." Liz smiled.Liz saw me and her smile when away. "I have to go! Love you!" Liz hung up. "Who were you talking to?" I asked sitting in the empty chair next to her. "No one that you should care or know about." Liz said. "We have a level 9 mission to go on in a few minutes. If you I would make sure my weapons are ready." I said poking Liz's arm. Liz got up." Your right."

I walked with Liz to the weapon area. Liz grabbed two scythes and twirled them around.They weren't the small ones either.They were full size.Every time she twirled them they would hit the ground bringing up a few sparks. "I haven't been on a mission in a while,I can't wait to cut peoples heads off."Liz said smiling darkly. I grabbed a staff and spined it a few times. 6 ft,2 pounds. I put a extra gun in my belt. You never know when you need one. I looked at Liz and she was putting her hair in a pony tail. "Ready?" Liz asked. I smiled.

I walked with Liz and found Mailik against a wall. "Mailik are you okay?" "This is perfect,your here right now! Why are you here? To tease about how happy you are with Carter? How much you hate me?" Mailik asked hitting the wall. "What? I don't hate you, I-" "Don't try to be nice. Everyone knows your spoiled and have a heart of coal,your Fury's daughter! That's all you'll ever have!" Mailik yelled at me. "Spoiled? Heart of coal? Is that what people think about me? Mailik, wwe've known each other since we were in diapers!" I yelled back. "You think that connection would last forever right?" Mailik's voice cracked. "Mailik...-" Mailik kissed me.