Chapter 2

This is dedicated to a special someone since she was the first person to comment on the story!! Thank you!!

______________________________________________________

Nina's POV

I woke up with no warmth beside me. I looked over and realized Brian already left the bed. I sighed and pulled the covers off me.

I tied my hair in a loose ponytail and wore Brian's sweatshirt. It smelt like him and the smell was intoxicating.

I brushed my teeth and washed my face. Things haven't changed. It hasn't change at all. Surprisingly, the guys were coping all right. Not Sam and I. We're a train wreck.

Every night this week Sam would burst into my room, crying on my shoulder. Even though it was disturbing Brian, I didn't really care. I would just cry along with her.

I walked outside my room and was about to go over to Sam's room. The problem is, Jimmy's room is between ours. So every time we would go to see each other, we would have to walk past his room.

I decided not to look at his door but just walk past it. Though I failed. I ended up looking at his door. The "No Entry" sign that he put on his door when Sam and I snuck in to borrow a marker but then found out about his inner duck life, the small dent under the sign when he punched it hard because one of his girlfriends cheated on him, the spill of chocolate milk on the carpet in front of the door when I spilled the chocolate milk I was ordered to give him and Sam.

Just looking at all the memories Sam, Jimmy and I had in his room was incredible. But now, they all drift into the air behind us. Making us not realize that those memories were not worth forgetting.

I couldn't help but drop down on my knees and held my face in my hands, crying my life out. Jimmy was too young. He never had the guts to make anyone upset. He only had the guts to make us happy. I just wanted to know him for a few more years.

Not once in his life has he ever not smiled. The smile never faded away from his face. But one day, one horrible day. His smile left his face.

The paleness of his face and how his lips were as white as paint. Wires were hooked to his body. He was laying on the bed, limp. With everyone crying their eyes out.

How vulnerable and weak he looked made my own life flash before my eyes. The man who once made everyone cheer up is now gone. In the ground. Then in heaven.

Without realizing, I was being lifted off the ground and someone wiped my own tears away. "Nina," I heard a whisper far away. I couldn't hear or see anything clearly. "Matt!! Sam!!" The male voice said again.

"Nina!" The voice was a female's voice and much farther away.

"Ni-"

Jimmy's smiling face flashed in front of my eyes before everything went black.

Brian's POV

I woke up earlier than Nina. I looked over to her and she was sleeping soundlessly. I kissed her forehead and quietly got out of bed.

I brushed my teeth and washed my face then walked downstairs. The stairs were in front of Jimmy's bedroom.

Sure, I missed him. I fucking missed him. But the sisters had it worse. They can't live a day without crying over Jimmy.

Matt and I are trying our best to keep them company but it's hard too. They didn't need us to keep them company. They needed Jimmy.

As I walked down the stairs, I heard sounds from the living room. When I got in the living room, Matt was busy watching TV. I sat beside him and sighed.

"Man, we need to do something about Nina and Sam." I said.

"What else is there to do?" Matt asked without taking his eyes off the TV.

"We need to get them to move out. If they keep staying here, they'll just grow more miserable." I stated.

"Yeah, try getting them to move out. Good luck with that. I already did my job and I'm not sure if Sam is with it or not."

"Fine. I'll try to convince Nina to move out. But are we gonna sell this place or something?" I asked him.

"We'll try to get Jimmy's parents to take care of this place for a few days." Matt suggested. I nodded and started walking back up the stairs.

I'm pretty sure Nina would be awake by now. As I was walking up the stairs I heard someone sniffing. When I got to the top I saw Nina on her knees crying in front of Jimmy's bedroom.

I quickly ran over to her and made her sit up. I then wiped away the tears on her face. "Nina!" I called out to her but she didn't respond. Her face was growing paler by the second.

"Matt!! Sam!!" I yelled out. Sam ran out of her room and when she saw The condition of her sister she screamed.

"Nina!!" She ran towards us and sat on the floor. Nina was still not responding as she stated off into space while her face becomes paler.

I heard heavy footsteps run up the stairs and I saw Matt's face full of horror as he looked at Nina.

"Ni-" Before Matt could finish saying her name she fell out of my arms and onto the floor between Sam and I.

"Matt call the ambulance!!" I ordered Matt and he pulled out his phone and started pressing buttons.

I pulled Nina's head onto my lap. Then I heard Sam whisper, "Her face is pale like Jimmy's." I looked over to her and noticed her eyes were brimming with tears that was ready to pour out of her eyes. I can't let things like this happen to the people I love. Not anymore.