Introduction of Part One; The Last Straw

A/N;; I know this is short, but it's an introduction thing xD Hope you like it :)

[• You Shine Brighter Than Anyone Does •]

[• Part 1: The World We Know •]

[• Introduction: The Last Straw •]

Elise Hartman slumped to the floor. 'This couldn't be happening,' she thought, sobbing, 'my mother can't be dead.'

'Where did the happy times go?' thought Elise... Then she remembered there never were happy times.

Thirteen year old Elise's life has been far from easy. Being bullied since the age of five for not having nor wanting friends, she became the school outcast. Being called stupid turned into full-blown bullying, complete with the scars and bruises to prove it. Being told something she wasn't supposed to hear and is still keeping it a secret. Dealing with her brother, David, getting cancer. Wishing that her father would come back from God knows where he is. Is he dead or has he simply ran away? And now, her mother dies.

She cried till her room was a blur, till she finished her sixth box of tissues, till she had a headache. She was now an orphan. She was going to have to go to a foster home. David's hospital fees were going to be payed by social security... But the economy wasn't at its best. The family, or what used to be the family, has already used government money. In time, the money would run out...

"What did I do to deserve this, God? Did I piss you off somehow?" she whispered to her pale purple bedroom. "Do you just don't want me in this world?"

And that was the beginning of Elise Hartman's suicidal thoughts.