Chapter 4

Hmm...

Marc, Ana, and I were having a intense game of BS.

Marc was staring at me smirking and I was sweating. There was a huge stack of cards in the middle of the table.

"2 Kings," I said gulping.

 Marc started to laugh, "That's a load of BS!"

He turned the cards over and his face fell, he collected his cards. 

"You're a load of BS... you lied about lying!" he yelled clearly pissed.

I laughed so hard. I only had one card left... 

"One Ace," Ana said.

"Four 2s,"  Marc said still pouting.

I smiled, "One 3."

"BS," Marc said again.

This time I turned the card over for him, "You gotta trust me sometimes."

Marc stared at the card in disgust.

"I win."

 Ben comes in laughing, his hands full of snacks Marc asked him to get us. I guess he heard our small talk. He throws a packet of fruits snacks at him when he wasn't looking, but Marc catches them without looking. 

Show off..

He hands me and Ana our drinks then sits next to me on the the couch. We spent the rest of that hour making fun of Marc. We were spending the day at my house, so we ate, we talked we laughed and then finally watched a movie.  We all snuggled onto one couch and watched whatever was on the TV. 

Ana an I were still not "friends" we were more like strangers... she still didn't like me. She only came because the guys were both coming, and the free food. She looked rather impressed when we pulled up to our house. After all it was really big... my mom's a CEO for a hospital... and a small business owner. 

Anyway, Ana and I were in the middle of the two guys, we were being squished together. It was pretty awkward. We were shifting uncomfortably every few minuets, she glanced at me and  looked away. I could see her attitude towards me through her eyes. We sat in silence trying to enjoy the movie when Ben and Marc got up to get more snacks. 

They left us alone... Ana and I alone in a room. Crap.

"Um," I said wanting to break the silence.

"I know what you're trying to do," she said bluntly.

That took me by surprise, "Um, what am I doing... again?"

She turned her whole body around to face me, "Oh... stop playing stupid,"  that surprised me, "I know you're only hanging around them to take advantage of them."

What am I doing? Taking advantage of them? How? 

I just sat there listening to her whisper-yell at me about how other girls have done it before.

When the guys came back Ana was Fuming.  I was sitting there confused. I didn't know what to think. I guess the guys felt the tension in the room because they both wiggled in between us... to separate us. Ben was sitting next to me, while Marc had the privilege to sit next to the furious Ana, she glanced at me from time to time, and if looks could kill, I would be on the floor in a pool of my own blood.   

 Ben patted my arm and gave me a apologetic look. His eyes screemed 'Sorry'. We were once again all crowded onto one couch, even though i hade two more couches in the room. It was starting to get dark outside and we were running out of movies (we really wern't, we have evey movie out on DVD.)         We ended the day by falling asleep on each other.