Chapter 19

⚠️ Warning mature/sensitive content. ⚠️
_________________________________

When we arrive, the party seems to already be in full swing. The streets are filled with cars and you can hear the music from a mile away. Walking up the front steps, I knock on the door which is immediately opened by the host himself- Henry.

"Hey! I'm so glad you could make it!" He says cheerfully as he brings me into a brief hug, which I return.

"You know us, wouldn't miss it." I flash him a smile.

He steps aside. "Come on in!"

We walk in to find the house packed with people. Some people turn to see who came and those who know us smile and wave. We smile and wave back. When a few boys begin to stare with lust filled eyes, I almost squirm and lean closer to the person next to me. That person being Aiden. He glares at the boys causing some to look away in fear, before wrapping an arm around my waist. Heading to the bar, I see Mark, Henry's younger brother playing bartender.

"Aren't you a little young to be a bartender?" I ask him when I sit down on a stool.

"Nope. Especially when I'm doing it in my own house. Aren't you a little young to be drinking?" He smirks, offering me a beer.

I laugh and take it.

He offers one to everyone with the exception of Liz, who doesn't drink. Not wanting to leave her alone, Jordan reclines the offer.

"You drink?" Aiden asks, denying the beer he is offered.

"Just a little, and only at parties. Besides out of all of us, I'm the one who can drink the most and not get drink." I shrug, taking a sip.

His eyebrows rise in surprise.

"You're not going to drink?" I ask.

He shakes his head. "I was, but seeing as you're going to be drinking, I won't. I rather be sober when I take you home."

"We can always call a taxi?" I frown. "You don't have to not drink because of me."

He hesitates but gives in. "Fine. But just one. I don't need alcohol to enjoy a party."

I force a smile. "I never said we needed alcohol to have fun."

"On the contrary, it helps to forget." I mutter to myself.

I finish the bottle, throwing it away, deciding I wouldn't touch anymore alcohol.

"What did you say?"

I freeze, before clearing my throat. "Nothing."

Aiden turns to the rest of the gang. "We'll be right back."

Justin is immediately on his feet. "Where are you taking her?"

"I know you've only known me for a month, but I swear we're only going to talk. It's too noisy here and we won't take long."

Justin looks conflicted but sighs.

"I'm trusting you Aiden. Don't make me regret it."

Aiden nods. "And you won't."

We enter the home office, and I sit down on the couch just as Aiden closes the door.

"Are you going to sit down?" I ask gesturing to the couch in front of me.

"Nope." He responds leaning against the wall.

"So, why'd you bring me here again?"

"I said we didn't need alcohol to have fun."