Chapter 4

Chapter 4

I pulled away and smiled at him. He returned it and walked away like a puppy with its tail between its legs. I quickly cleared the table before Patrick or anyone could talk to me. I walked out of that cafeteria and went to the rooftop which as the most isolated place in the whole school.

“What are you doing?!” I screamed at myself inside my head.

“Oh God! Why can’t I pull you out of my head?!” I said and felt something cold land on my nose. Then I looked up and saw millions of snow flakes slowly fall from the cold calm sky.

“I really miss you, Jack.” I whispered as I lowered my head.

“Who’s Jack?” I heard Patrick’s voice whisper behind me.

“Patrick, what are you doing here?” I snarled at him.

“What? I just wanted to get some fresh air. I didn’t know your gay ass was gonna be here.” He said as he sat on the bench parallel to mine.

“Look, Patrick… I am not in the mood for this. Can’t you just, PLEASE, leave me alone?” I said to him with hopeful eyes.

Then he cocked his head to one side and asked, “I thought you were going out with that Sebastian?”

“We are.”

“Then, who’s Jack?” He said as he stood up and slowly walked up to me.

“None of your business.” I said as I stood up and walk away.

He grabbed my hand and twirled me around and pulled me close to him.

“What the heck?” I said as I tried to push him away but his arm was already locked around my waist.

“You have two boyfriends, Jamie?” Patrick said as he looked into my soul.

“I am not! Leave me alone!” I said trying to claw my way out.

“Can I be your third?” He said as he brushed my lips with his and I tried to pull away.

Then out of nowhere a fist landed straight into his right cheek. I pulled back, dumbstruck of the events that were happening in front of me. The fist came from Sebastian who was fuming behind me.

“Get. The. Fuck. Away. From. Him.” He said between deep breaths.

“Seb?” I asked.

Patrick stood up and glared at Sebastian who glared back and pulled back his fist, preparing to release them into Patrick’s body and face. Patrick made the first move and I made the second.

Patrick marched forward and I stepped in front of him and tried to push him but I ended up getting ‘sandwiched’ between the two of them.

“Get the fuck away, Bennett.” Patrick hissed but kept his gaze at Sebastian.

“Stop it, guys.” I pleaded at both of them.

“Shut it, Bennett, and get lost.” Patrick snarled at me, looking at me this time.

“Guys. Please, stop this. Come on, Sebastian.” I said as walked away with my hand wrapped around Sebastian’s arm.

“Hey Bennett.” Patrick called and I looked back at him. “I’ll miss you.” He made a kissing gesture at me and I gave him the I-Hate-You look.

“Hey…” I tapped Seb’s arm as we walked the empty hallways. “Thanks for that.” I smiled down at the floor.

“S’no problem.” He said as he used his index finger to touch the bottom of my chin and raise my head.