Kim Hyo-Yeon (Hyoyeon) Dancing Queen

H Y O Y E O N (효연)
Stage Name: Dancing Queen HYOYEON (댄싱퀸 효연 – dancing queen Hyoyeon)
Birth Name: Kim Hyo-yeon (김효연)
Nicknames: Hyoraengi (pun: tiger), Kim-choding (elementary school-kid Kim), Kim Yeolsal(10-year-old Kim), Fiona

Position: Supporting Vocalist/Main Dancer
Date of Birth: September 22, 1989
Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Bloodtype: AB

Sibling(s): 1 younger brother (Kim Min-goo)
Language: Korean (Fluent), English , Chinese (Fluent), Japanese (Basic)
Specialty: Dance
Casted: 2000 SM Casting System
Training Duration: 6 Years 1 Month
School: China Beijing Language Courses (중국북경어학연수)

Birthplace: Incheon, South Korea
Height: 160cm | Blood type: AB

Formed a dance group Little Winners Crew with Miss A’s Min before debut (2004)
Starred in reality-variety show Invincible Youth II (2011-2012)
Finalist in reality show Dancing with the Stars II (2012)
Featured in Maxstep with various artist – special PYL Younique album (2012)

Career:
- 2004 Hip hop dance crew ‘Little Winners‘ (with Miss A Lee Min-young)
- 2005 MKMF BoA’s ‘Over the Top’ silhouette dancer
- 2010 Recurring guest on KBS2 ‘Dream Team’

TRIVIA

The best dancer and the fastest runner of SNSD.

Hyoyeon is ambidextrous, she actively use both of her left hand and right hand.

The other eight members think revealed that she’s SNSD’s mood maker and also the funniest member.

One of her most well-known nickname is “Kim Yeolsal” (ten-year old Kim) or because her jokes are similar to that of ten-year old and she also has a lot of mood swings.

Hyoyeon collects cute, colorful stationery and stickers.

She hits people and tell secrets when drunks. The members revealed that the maknaes, Yoona and Seohyun, are her usual drunk “victims”.

SNSD’s “fashion terrorist”.

Prior to her debut, Hyoyeon traveled to Beijing, China in 2004 with Super Junior’s Siwon to learn Mandarin and more about Chinese culture.

In 1999, she enrolled in Winners Dance School, a famous dance school in South Korea specializing in popping, locking, animation and various other hip-hop styles.

At Winners Dance School, Hyoyeon teamed with MissA’s Min and formed a dancing duo called Little Winners.

Besides Hip -hop dance, Hyoyeon also learned Jazz and Latin dance.

She received dance instruction from the Electric Boogaloos and top choreographers such as Kim Hye Rang, Poppin Seen, Kwang Hoo (aka Crazy Monkey), Poppin DS, Kwon Seok-Jin (aka Locking Khan) and ex-Black Beat’s / Beat Burger’s Shim Jae Won.

Hyoyeon’s Chinese name is 孝渊 (Xiàoyuān)