Chapter 10

I just stayed in my place for a few minutes, it wasn't long until Skye's parents noticed me.

"Janae," her mom cried, "she was in a car wreck. But she's not dead, she's just in pain. You can go ahead and see her when the nurse says you can."

"What- happened?" I asked, shocked.

Jamie came up from behind me. "It was my fault." He had a cast on his arm, and a few scrapes and bruises.

"Jamie, how could you?" tears began to stream.

"I'm sorry! I never meant for this to happen!" he cried, "I tried to drive. I said, 'I bet I can drive this car.' she smirked and said, 'You cannot!' I replied, 'Yeah? Watch me.' she was in the car when I tried to. It's all because of my foolishness that she's in the hospital!"

"Jamie! Why would you do that?" Skye's dad stood up, but I got in front of him.

"Please, let me talk to him," I said to Skye's over protective father.

Jamie followed me into a private room. "What do you want? I already feel awful, you don't have to make me feel worse."

"I'm not going to discourage you. Just, why? You knew you couldn't drive, so why?"

"That's the kind of crazy things we do. That's how crazy I am. I don't think about what could happen, I just do it without second thoughts."

"Well, I'm sure you've learned to think twice now, right?"

He didn't reply.

"Well, don't worry. You no longer have to feel bad about this situation. God is in Control, don't worry."

"Yeah, I know. I just don't want her to be terribly hurt. But she is terribly hurt, si that was kind of stupid. I want her to heal. Now she's hurt even worse and it's all my fault!"

"All she can use is prayer right now, okay? There's nothing we can do." I said.

He just walked back to the room Skye's parents, and our parents were waiting in.

I talked to the nurse. "Hello, I'm Skye's friend. Do you mind if I go to her room? I'd like to see her, and talk to her if I could."

"I'm sorry, Skye died." the nurse replied, with an apologetic look.

"What?!" my heart was pounding, "Skye Chandler?"

"No, I'm sorry! Skye Kendall died. Skye Chandler is in that room over there, she may not be awake though."

I walked to Skye's room, relieved. She was lying there, pale, she looked as if she was about to die. Her eyes were open, and they looked straight at me with wonder.

"Hey," I sat down in a chair, watching her.

"Hi," she said, wearily.

"You okay? How are you feeling?" I asked.

"I am okay, but nowhere near good," she laughed fake, "but I'm feeling a little better, before, I felt like I was dying."

"You're not dying. I don't know what I'd do if my other friend died. I mean, who else would I talk to about girly stuff? Definitely not Jamie," I laughed, "but why isn't Jamie as hurt as you are?"

"I don't know. But I know he must've felt like he was dying, because I just felt like I wasn't gonna survive. But I'm glad he's not like me. I'm fragile, too. And I was in a wheelchair, with my legs that I couldn't even feel."

"Hey, there's still hope for you," I smiled, "hope for a future, hope for a Blessing, hope for a Healing. You never know what God has planned, you just have to Trust Him and let go."

"Thanks, Janae. God's already Blessed me a lot. He let me survive."

Skye's parents walked in. "Skye! I'm so glad you're okay!" her mom hugged her, relieved.

"Skye, oh, thank goodness you're doing well! I love you. You're never getting in a car with Jamie again." I know her dad was joking at that last part.

I smiled, "Yeah, you're Blessed." I walked out. I could see the love in Skye's life. I know her parents treasure her. I can see the love in their eyes, and their actions. Jesus has put a Blessing on my life, and her life. God's Blessed so many. He had Mercy on her and Jamie. I'm glad they're okay, but I hope this doesn't affect their friendship in any way. They haven't talked since the car accident, and Jamie is probably nervous to see the girl he put in the hospital. I never knew what dangerous things they did. But for now, there's hope nothing changes with Jamie and Skye...

-

Didn't see that one coming, huh? HAHAHA!
I think I'm gonna end this story very soon.
Btw, I appreciate everyone's support!
Thanks to everyone who took the time to read.
It is all appreciated, so thank you very much.
Also, I hope everyone has enjoyed this story so far. Bye! (: