Carousel of Blood

Introduction

          If you lived nearby, you would be able to hear the screams of agony coming from the hollowed building. It was a factory, one where they stitched together children’s toys. You could hear a chronic wail, some more screams of terror, and sometimes, you would hear laughter.

            Now, if you were inside, this is what you would see; A frail woman held in place in the center of the room, a large man behind her, holding her arms so she would not escape, and another man, on the lighter side, standing in front of her, smiling wickedly. If you could hear their words, this is what they would say.

“Please! Let her go, she is only a child!” as the woman would speak.

“Ha! And keep a dame like you to ourselves then, could we?” The man behind her would say, in an accent.

And then the other, the one who stood in front of the terrified woman, he would step forward and put his hand on her cheek.

“Such a waste of a fine young lady like yourself,” he would say softly, “But, unfortunately, the pain won’t last forever.”

            The woman would be confused and even more terrified. She would yell and scream. But there would be a silence as another man stepped out of the shadows with a small child.

“We might as well give you a look at her before we are finished,” the man would whisper into her ear. The man behind her would pull out a knife and she would cry out in terror. Then he would stab her heart and she would let out a piercing shriek, one that could wake up a drunk man who had passed out on the side of the road.

The man who stabbed her would let her body drop to the ground as her eyes spasm in shock, her body, bleeding crimson onto the concrete. They would pull the knife out, leaving her to die in agony and all three of them would walk away with the child, immune to the screams.

Say this happened four weeks ago, and you had heard the screams. Would you go to investigate the abandoned building, call the police, or ignore the terror? People all around the block heard the screams. Few bothered to call the police, and most just closed the shutters on their windows and locked their doors.

            The police arrived and found the body. Everyone who lived in the area was questioned, but no answers were found. It was never solved. Nobody knew of the child taken, or at least, nobody claimed to.