Welcome Home Into My Arms

I woke up this morning and I couldn't be more excited! I'm leaving today! I'm going home!

The nurse brought me my breakfast at around 8:45 and as I was eating I noticed a couple of texts had come through this morning. All of which were from Ryan.

7:00am- Hey gorgeous, you awake?

7:03am-  Corse not 😔 You will get to sleep a couple more hours and only see this when you wake up.

7:05am- so I'll leave you something nice to wake up to 😏

7:08am- Good morning my beautiful girl. Just know that late last night, whilst you slept, I thought about how lucky I am to have you, and how much of a struggle I was without you, because you alone complete me. I love you. I love you with my whole heart, to the moon and back, I'de do anything for you. So I ask you this, please never give up on yourself, as I will never give up on you. I love you ❤️❤️❤️

The message planted a smile on my face. I was about to reply when I realised that he will be in form right now so if I text him, he will have his phone confiscated.

"Someone looks happy" announced Rory upon entrance.

"So Miss Riley, as you will be leaving us shortly it's important we get you to do some walking, to ensure your joints aren't too stiff. Did your social worker bring you anything to wear?"

"Yes it's in that bag."

"In that case I'll leave you to get changed and then I want you to try and walk around this room"

"Ok, thanks Rory"

He awkwardly walked out with his gaze focused upon the clipboard which he seemed to always be carrying round with him.

I reached over to the bag that Mai Lee brought me. Inside there was a pair of black skinny jeans and a purple t shirt, with a black pattern on the front. There was also underwear, socks and some trainers. It's really difficult to get changed without standing up but I did manage.

I was no longer attached to anything after going into other rooms yesterday so now is the moment, the moment where I stand up.

I swung my legs over the edge of the bed and flinched slightly as the ground is freezing! I used my arms to pull myself onto my feet.

I wobbled slightly but soon regained my balance. This feels so weird! Slowly, I made my way across the room. My knees ached as they became less stiff and gradually, the pain became less, until it didn't even exist.

Then I tested myself further, I can run, jump, hop! I'm back to normal! No full damage!

"Nice to see your working again!" Said Mike walking in through the open door.

"Hi Mike.." I said awkwardly.

"Are we off then?"

"I guess so" I said picking my phone up and grabbing the bag my clothes were in.

"Are you still mad?"

"What do you think?! Let's just go.."

I barged past him and walked out the room, only to realise that I don't know where I'm going. That was a fail.

Mike caught up with me and began to lead the way through the corridors. We got to reception where he filled in some forms and sighed a couple of things before leading me out into the car park.

The fresh air feels like a feather running through my hair as the breeze runs through me. I haven't been outside in ages. It feels great.

I climbed into the front of Mikes car, next to Mike. I don't know how long the journey is, but I'm certain we are going to have to talk to one another.