May 22nd, 2012

MAY 22ND, 2012

Do you know what it's like to wake up every morning with no desire for anything? It's awful. Actually, awful isn't even an accurate way to describe it. There are no words I could use that would properly display what this feels like, It's every possible emotion, but at the same time it's nothing. The anger, the sadness, the hopelessness, and the confusion. They're all trying to get out at the same time and by doing so they cancel each other out. And this is what you're left with. Emptiness. A void of numbness that nothing can fill. You can try, but it doesn't work. No matter how many times your friends tell you they love you, or hours you spend asleep trying to escape reality, it all catches up to you. Then pretty soon you're just lying in bed staring at the wall with the same depressing song that's been on repeat for the last three hours. You wonder if you'll be like this forever and hope that someday happiness will force itself through your bedroom door, pick you up and tell you that everything will be okay. And that's all you want, right? Somone to make you feel whole again. Someone who makes you forget all the memories hidden in the darkest corners of your mind that have been haunting you for the past seven months. But that person may never come and unfortunately it's up to you to fill that void in your chest. It may take months, years, or even your entire lifetime, but someday it'll all work itself out. I hope.