Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Harry took my hand and lead me toward the tall structure. I looked up at him and smiled. I stopped mid-step and hugged him from the side. "Thank you, Harry," I simply said. There was nothing more that I could say. I was speechless. He chuckled and hugged me back.

"You don't have to thank me, love. Your company is payment enough," he said. I blushed at his comment and pulled back from our hug. He smiled down at me with his dimples showing. I returned the smile.

He took my hand once again, and we continued to walk. As we got closer, the structure got bigger. I had never noticed how tall it actually was. Goose bumps started to appear on my skin, and I got chills.

Harry noticed and immediately stopped in front of me. He placed his hands on my shoulders. "What's wrong, Ellie? Are you okay?" he asked, voice full of concern and worry.

"I'm scared of heights, Harry. I never realized how tall it was," I explained. I wrapped my arms around my stomach and looked down at my feet. Harry lifted my chin with his index finger.

"Ellie, I know. It is pretty high, but I'll be there with you the entire time. You have nothing to be afraid of. I promise." I looked into his bright green eyes as he spoke.

I know I can trust him. He would never lie to me. He was honest at the water park. So, of course, he was going to be truthful now.

"Do you trust me?" he asked as if reading my mind. I nodded, and he smiled. He took my hand once again, and we continued to walk.

We finally stopped in the line and waited to get our tickets. Harry slung his arm around my shoulders and lead me through the line. When it was our turn, the lady smiled at us.

"Hello, loves. How many?" she asked in her thick British accent.

"Two, please," said Harry. He pulled out his wallet and handed the girl money for the tickets.

"Before you leave, I have to ask. Are you Harry Styles and Ellie Wilson?" I felt the heat in my cheeks rise. I can't believe someone recognized me. Harry nodded in confirmation. The girl squealed with excitement. "Oh my gosh! I'm such a huge fan, Harry. And Ellie, you are so pretty. Would you mind if I got a picture with you?" she asked.

Harry smiled, and I nodded. "Sure." The girl squealed again before pulling out her phone.

"Smile!" she exclaimed. Harry and I smiled as we stood next to the girl. She took the selfie with her iPhone and smiled. The flash nearly blinded me. "Thank you so much! By the way, you two look great together. Are you dating?" I blushed at her question and Harry answered.

"Yeah, this is our first date."

"Aww, that's so sweet. I hope you two have fun. Enjoy your experience on the London Eye!" the girl exclaimed.

Harry led me into one of the pods, and the door closed behind us. My hands started to shake, and I gripped onto the bar in front of me. We didn't even leave the ground yet, and I was already shaking. Harry walked up behind me and rubbed my back.

"It's okay. You're gonna be fine. Trust me. I wouldn't let anything happen to you. Ever." I turned around and smiled at him.

"I trust you, Harry." He smiled and hugged me.

A single tear rolled down my cheek as he hugged me. It was a tear of happiness and sadness. Happiness because I knew I could trust him and not regret it. Sadness because I know he would eventually have to leave me whether he wanted to or not.

I felt the wheel start to move. I pulled back from Harry to see that we were being lifted off the ground. I gripped onto the bar once again. Goose bumps rose on my arms. Harry wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me towards him causing me to let go of the safety bar. He rested his head on my shoulder and whispered in my ear.