you,

now before i start the chapter i neEED TOTALK ABOTU VKOOK'S NEW EP OF BURNING KARAOKE IM SO ADWJFUEHIOWHE LIKE HOLY MOTHER OF GOD. CAN THEY GO THERE EVERY WEEK LIKE FOR REAL jUST TAKE MY SOUL TAKE MY MONEY TAKE MY EVERYTHING FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

ok i'm good i'm done.

the front door was left ajar.

jungkook nudged it open gingerly as he took a step in. then another, and another. tangible silence hung ominously in the air. subconsciously, jungkook held his breath. as he neared taehyung's room, heavy breaths were heard from inside. 

whoever was inside had put up a strong fight. the door was wide open and books were scattered along the doorway. random clothes, taehyung's clothes, were strewn on the wooden flooring in the room. jungkook's gaze landed on something he knew would haunt him for life. something he had desperately prayed, on the way here, to not see.

blood.

a large pool of it that traced back to taehyung's body that was now lying lifelessly on the floor. beside him, jimin was crouched, catching his breath. sensing the presence behind him, jimin turned. jungkook couldn't decipher his expression.

acid crept up his throat as his legs threatened to give way. he was feeling light-headed. he couldn't tear his gaze away from the two of his best friends.

"are you crazy?" he whispered, his voice hoarse.

with a grunt, jimin placed both his hands on his thighs and stood up. as he walked towards jungkook, the younger one caught sight of the blood-coated knife and found himself taking small, hurried steps backwards. 

"s-stop." he muttered and scrambled to find a weapon to defend himself with. on the way out of taehyung's room, jungkook grabbed taehyung's badminton racket and held it in front of him. jimin, upon seeing that, let out a chuckle. 

"i've been waiting for you, jungkook." he said, sending chills down jungkook's spine. 

without warning, jimin lunged at him, knocking the racket out of jungkook's hands. jungkook was taken aback but he was a good fighter himself. with fast reflexes, he dodged the knife that jimin had sent in his direction. feigning a move to the left, jungkook felt a sense of satisfaction as jimin fell for it, and moved to the right to grab jimin into a chokehold. 

as the both of them staggered backwards, jungkook stepped on one of the books on the floor and tripped, bringing jimin down with him. out of the corner of his eye, he caught his reflection on the knife and barely had time to raise his hand, allowing the sharp tip to make a small cut on his arm instead of his neck. 

jimin stopped swinging the knife wildly and, instead,  got off jungkook to point the tip directly above jungkook's chest. the latter's eyes widened as he grabbed both of jimin's hands to keep the knife as far away as possible. jimin, however, took the advantage of gravity and jungkook was slowly losing the battle. he knew his face was probably red by now ; his arms were starting to tremble.

it was hardly a physical fight anymore. jungkook was slowly losing it because the look in jimin's eyes scared him. he wasn't looking at his best friend ; he was looking at a monster. 

with a grunt, jungkook summoned the rest of his strength and kneed jimin in the stomach, receiving a groan in return. the pressure above jungkook was gone and he scrambled to his feet, making a run for the door. 

the lift was hardly a viable option. skidding across the floor, jungkook made a sharp turn and ran for the stairs. all the while, jimin was behind him and he was gaining. fast.

adrenaline pumped through jungkook's body. he hardly noticed the buckets of sweat as he burst out into the open and managed to lose jimin in the crowd. but he didn't stop running ; his limbs screamed for oxygen but he knew he couldn't stop. he wouldn't.

without thinking, he ran into the nearest shelter he could find. NB2, the club he visited only once with jimin. 

due to not having his identification pass with him, jungkook was stopped by a red-haired guy at the counter area near the entrance. catching his breath, he cast a glance around him to make sure jimin wasn't anywhere near. 

"i was here before. you can check the records, i should be inside. jeon jungkook."

the redhead took a few seconds keying in jungkook's particulars, and ended up frowning. "we are very sorry but there's no jeon jungkook that frequented in months."

now it was jungkook's turn to frown. 

"maybe you can search for park jimin instead?" jungkook asked. he leaned a little over the counter to take a better look at the screen. "we came on 15th march, at around 8pm."

he waited for the guy to key in the details but all the guy did was stare at him in confusion. after a few seconds of silence, the guy finally replied. 

"... it's 15th march today, sir."

jungkook's gaze travelled to the bottom right of the screen where it showed 15th march, 7.54pm. 

"what the hell." he murmured. 

i know it's confusing af rn but please hang in there with me!!! 2 more chapters and this story will be finished. the ending will answer lots of questions, don't worry :)