Chapter 6

CHAPTER SIX

I was sitting on the bed that I was trying to get away from a just a few moments ago, there was one difference though. This time I wasn't being pinned down by some crazy jerk but rather had a different guy standing at the door behaving very cautiously to make sure he didn't scare me. I was still trying to catch my breath when I saw him slowly move towards me from the corner of my eye, my head shot up and I flinched away from habit. I had no reason to trust any of these people, they kidnapped me, they were werewolves and turning innocent humans into monsters like them! I had every right to be frightened of them.

"Tera I promise I wont hurt you" He said in a soft tone.

"You sound like Roman, He didn't keep his promises, why should I trust you? why wont you let me go? I just want to go home" my voice begun to break at the end and I could feel tears starting to bubble up in my eyes. He moved slowly towards the bed and sat opposite me.

"I cant do that Tera, I'm only here to try and explain things to you a little better than that moron did" He said with a little smile. "I realize you probably found out about us in the worse possible way but, maybe if you ask some questions you will come to understand us better?" This guy had a point, what made me more scared of these people I mean if you can call them people? was that I wasn't sure what they were capable of, it scared me to not know what else they could be hiding.

"Okay, ill start off with an easy question. What's your name?" If I'm going to be talking civilly with this guy I cant just refer to him as jerk, with Roman it was easy, he really was a jerk.

"Wow sorry yeah I totally didn't even think about telling you my name" he laughed to himself. "My name is Billy"

"I'd say its nice to meet you but considering your little group is holding me hostage I cant say it is" He chuckled at my comment and nodded his head in understanding.

"Yeah look sorry about the whole kidnapping thing, we usually aren't that bad when we find our mates but considering you're human and Roman is an Alpha I'm pretty sure it would of ended up like this regardless"

"Wait I thought he was a werewolf? What the hell is an Alpha?"

"Oh he is a werewolf, Alpha is more of a status. In other words he is the leader of our pack. I'm his Beta which is like a second in command" I nodded my head, not sure what else to do. Okay so I am apparently destined to be with an Alpha of a pack of werewolves and my English teacher told me I wouldn't amount to anything! Okay Tera now is not the time to make jokes.

"So him being an Alpha is suppose make it okay with everything he is doing?" I asked confused. I thought that was a pretty good question, I mean it shouldn't matter what your status is that doesn't mean you can get away with these sort of things.

"Well I suppose it doesn't really make it okay but he honestly cant help it, Its in his DNA to react this way. Being an Alpha means you are 10x stronger physically and mentally, it also means he is 10x more possessive and protective of his mate, which is you."

"How does he even know that I'm his mate? He could have the wrong girl?"

"Trust me, us werewolves know when we have found our mates and Roman is showing all the signs of it. Can you honestly say that you don't feel anything for him? Anything at all?" I was shocked at what he said, me feel anything for that crazy jerk?! Still I can remember when I first saw him I felt an automatic attraction to him. But he was hot! Just because he was crazy didn't mean I would deny he was hot, but that first kiss we shared. It held something I couldn't explain, I thought maybe it was hormones but now I know what I know maybe I am his mate or whatever you call it.

Billy took my speechlessness as a yes and he smiled to himself. "Just give him a chance" he begged "Roman is a really nice guy, he's my best friend and trust when I say he wont disappoint you if you just give him a chance"

"Okay, say I believe that I am his mate, isn't this whole kidnapping thing a bit overboard? I mean I had a life before this all happened, friends and family that are probably out looking for me"

"Roman doesn't see it that way, trust me I've tried to explain that to him but he says and I quote." Billy puffed out his chest and made a funny face as he said this "She has me now, she doesn't need the life she had before, I'm her future and she is mine" I laughed a little at Billy's impersonation of Roman but I realized what he said and it made me sad all over again, he really was never going to let me go even if I did for whatever reason accept him.

"Oh Tera I didn't mean to make you cry, it was meant to be funny" Billy scooted next to me and put his arm around my shoulder. I leaned into his warm body and I looked up at him and stared straight into his dazzling eyes, they were blue but not just one solid colour they were a brilliant mixture of every blue imaginable. He smiled at me  and I melted a little at it but it was nothing like Roman's smile.

'Ah yes I would like one ticket to crazy town' I thought to myself. I was comparing these two guys and making Roman sound like the better one! My mind was going a million miles per hour and processing things became something of extreme difficulty. It was then that my stomach decided to break the silence in the room.

"Holy crud! I've just realized you've been here like 2 days and you haven't eaten once. Come on ill take you to the kitchen so we can get some lunch" I could feel my cheeks burning red with embarrassment and nodded my head keeping it low so he couldn't see how red my face was. Billy held out his hand for me to take, opened the door and led me out the room I had been dying to get out of towards the kitchen. We passed a few people and every single one of them were staring at me, not with anger that I had broken their window or tried to beat up their Alpha but with excitement, they all smiled at me making me feel welcomed but also curious as to why they were so excited to see me? How do they even know me? I smiled back politely but mainly kept my head down trying my best not to attract anymore attention.

We finally reached the kitchen, Billy let go of my hand and went straight to the fridge looking for something for lunch. I looked around seeing if there was a way to escape without being noticed, there were some people I hadn't met sitting in the lounge room with their attention on the TV so they wouldn't be a problem and that was about it. It looked like there was only one of getting out of here, through the front door. Billy was still looking in the fridge for food not taking much notice of me. I quietly moved around the island in the middle of the kitchen when something caught my eye, there was a knife block sitting there in the middle of the island begging for me to take one. I quickly grabbed the biggest one I saw and place it behind my back, at this point Billy turned around with his arms full of ingredients. "So are you a chicken or a ham person?"

"Oh I'm actually a vegetarian, have you got any cucumbers?" I lied, I loved chicken.

"Wow a vegetarian, never had a vegetarian in the house. Ah I think we do have some hang on let me check" he turned around and went to go look back in the fridge. This was my chance, I tiptoed to the door but stopped when I heard my name, but it wasn't Billy. I turned around to see none other than Jake, the boy who was driving the car when it went into the lake and he was looking much better than the last time I saw him, it didn't even look like he had been in serious car crash 2 days ago. Excitement filled me when I saw him and I smiled for the first time in being here.

"Jake?!" His face lit up and lifted me into a hug. I was so happy he was alive, I was so scared that they all didn't make it. We broke away from our hug but Jake's hands lingered on my waist.

"Tera what are you doing with a knife in your hand?" laughing a bit to himself.

"Ahhhh long story" But before I could even start to tell him what had happen, I heard a low deep growl. I turned around to see none other than Roman standing right behind me with an expression that held only rage.

"Get away from my mate" he growled out. 

--------

A/N

Thank you thank you thank you! to all that are reading this! I've got a few big things coming up soon for this story so stayed tunned and keep voting and commenting

=D