I.

I; MEMORIES

I; MEMORIES

"Ha! Beat you again." Cheered the young Robin in the den of the Wayne Manor. Angel pouted and crossed her arms around her chest making the Robin stop his parade.

"Don't look at me like that Angel. It was a fair game." Jason spoke with sincere and reached out to grab her hand, which she had pulled away.

"C'mon, don't be like that. How about we get some ice cream from the freezer. I know Alfred's secret stash." Jason tried to persuade Angel to forgive him. Which she did.

Angel was Bruce's niece to an extent. Bruce took her under his wing due to her family leaving her on the doorstep. Noticing how different the child would react to the parent's voices and gestures, they noticed how she would lift objects and a black burst of light would appear on her fingertips. In leaving her parent-less, Angel had trust issues. She never has known why her parents dropped her on Bruce's doorstep, only knowing Bruce was her only family-- except for Dick, Alfred, and Jason.

Jason has known Angel for four years.

Bruce brought him home while she as in the den with Alfred playing Scrabble, which she was winning at, she looked up at hearing the front door open and close with two different sounds of feet. She easily recognized Bruce's by how heavy he would slam his feet to the round. But the light footsteps confused her, and her eyes turned to a black color suddenly in a defensive position in front of Alfred.

As he steps grew closer she rose her hands in case of anything, as the two came around the hallway into the den Bruce immediately noticed Angel in position. He rose his hands and pleaded with her.

"Angel, it's okay. It's just a boy who needs some help." Bruce calmly assured Angel. She pushed deep down and let her mind clear of anger or defense. As Jason came around he hazily entered behind Bruce and walked around his large frame standing in front of Angel.

He wore a white t-shirt, probably worn for too long, and a pair of pants, too big for his size. Jason carefully raised his hand and waved. "Hi, I'm Jason Todd."

Angel looked studiously and smiled looking at his aura. "I'm Angel. How old are you?"

"I'm 10."

"I'm 12. Do you like magic?" She asked focusing her energy into her hand and a puff of black magic danced on her fingers and created into a bat. Jason looked will amaze and stepped closer to her.

"Wow! That's so cool! Can you..."

Alfred walked over to Bruce and stared at him.

"What?" Bruce asked as he had a faint smile on his face while looking at the two children interact. Alfred looked at the two and huffed.

"Another one sir?"

"I found him trying to steal a tire on the Bat-mobile. He looked lost and I wanted to help. He disabled the security system which is impossible. And we got plenty of room in the Manor." Bruce smiled when Angel had the magic bat fly around him.

"Of course sir. Or is it another reason for bringing another young-ling?" Alfred asked walking away from Bruce and to the kitchen. "I'll make him a plate, god knows how long it's been since the boy has eaten."

"Thank you, Alfred."

"And one more thing, Angel cheats at Scrabble." Bruce chuckled and brought his attention back to the two kids bonding.

"So are you a witch?" Jason asked as Angel made the bat disappear. She shook her head and smiled.

"No, I'm something else. I don't know yet."

"Oh, well I'll help you find out."

"Master Jason! Miss Angel! What in the seven hells are you doing!?" They were stuck with spoons in their mouths and  Alfred's beloved mint chocolate chip ice cream opened on the kitchen counter. They both scrambled out of the kitchen, the duo ran from the kitchen and into the Batcave. As they ran down Jason missed a step and was falling face forward, but stopped in mid-air.

"Careful there hot-shot. Don't wanna mess up that pretty face do we?" Angel laughed as she held Jason with her magic and slowly putting him down on the floor. Jason huffed as he landed and rose up dusting his clothes off and seeing he dropped the spoon for their crime on the floor and picked it up.

"Thanks. You think Alfred is going to be mad when he finds us?" Angel shook her head and sat on the cold cement floor of the cave and Jason sat beside her.

"Nah, he'll just make us eat our vegetables." And they both laughed. It echoed around the cave like a melody rang out. As there laughter died down Jason looked towards her.

He never would admit it, but he had a crush on Angel. Four years is long enough for Jason to actually relate to her and help him through all the training becoming Robin.  He felt a connection with her since the day Bruce brought him home. And he'd be dammed if anything took her away from him.

"Jason." He turned his head from looking at Angel and saw Batman standing to his side with a strong stance and his cape slightly blowing from the air conditioner.

"Get dressed. There's a drug apartment that needs to be dealt with." Jason only nodded and Batman began walking to the car.

"Hey." Jason heard softly turning to Angel with a slight smile and sad eyes. "Be careful okay." She reached up and grabbed his hand giving it a squeeze.

Jason squeezed back, "I always am."

No one was going to take her away from him. Even if it killed him.

edited

jezz why do i do this. i want to update before i go on vacation and hopefully they would be more daily now.

NOT MY GIF

stay healthy and beautiful, love you guys