Chapter 11 - Back

"Babe, still can't believe y'all got involved for me. I mean look at me, I'm nothing special." I say coming out of my bathroom.

Nate was on my bed and I sat next to him.

"Jassy, stop. Your one of the best things that even happened to me. Not even Paisleys' petty ass can stop that. Look I here now and can do whatever you need me to." He says wrapping his arms around me.

I sigh cause he's right. "Fine." I say and kiss his neck.

There was a knock on my door and it opened it was Vanessa.

"Okay Nate it's time for you to go." She says smiling down at us.

"Aw, ok. See you tomorrow Jassy." He hugged me and left giving Vanessa a side hug.

She smiled at me again then left behind him. I laughed and went to turn my light off.

*~*

I got dressed in a white shirt dress, ripped boyfriend jeans, peach heels, a black open sweater, and a small peach purse. I put my hair in a messy bun and did a mocha eyeshadow, black eyeliner, and mascara.

I went downstairs and saw everyone in the kitchen.

"We're having a welcome back party for you." Riley says with a smile.

"Guys I don't want a party." I sigh and grab a waffle from the stack in the middle of the island.

"Well I'm gonna a make you have one. Plus you have to meet Nates mom." Vanessa states hugging me before she leaves.

"Oh my god she's gonna hate me." I sigh and faces palm myself.

"No she won't she'll hate me." Stacy says nodding and I laugh at her.

"I guess. I think it's time high schools almost over." Nate says.

"Right. My dad is the one you really have to worry about." Riley agrees.

"We'll see."

*~*

At lunch I went away to my locker I got two zanies out of my purse and took them with some water. I walked back to the lunch room and sat down. Next thing I know water is being poured on my head. I turn around and see Paisley I go to lunge at her but Nate holds me back.

Stacy dived over the table and tackled Paisley. They rolled around on the floor until Stacy head butted her so hard she knocked her out.

"Shit." Stacy sighed; I helped her up.

A teacher came up and said "Detention. Somebody carry her to the nurse."

*-*

After school I was walking out with Nate laughing uncontrollably.

"Babe how many xans did u take?" He pulls me into a hug.

"Two." I graze his cheek and giggle a bit.

"Ok tell V your going to Stacy's house."

"Ok." I whip out my phone and tell her.

She informed me that my dads court date is on Friday and I have to show up. I okayed with her and she hung up.

"Why'd you want me to stay over?" I ask smiling as we walked to his car.

"I need to talk to you about the pill popping boo." He opened the door.

"Why?"

"Xanies are really highly addictive babe. I don't want you hooked to that shit. Now every once in a while yea sure go ahead and pop one but this been everyday since u had that first incident with your dad. Please just do it for me." He held my hand as he drove.

"Fine I guess, but can I still smoke?" I raised an eyebrow.

"You're relentless." He says and kissed my hand. "Oh by the way your meeting my mom tonight."

"Oh shit. I'm not gonna be able to spend the night then." I sigh.

"Yes you will she's leaving later on." We pull up at his house.

"I guess."

"Until then we can smoke and chill."

"What's your idea of chilling?"

"I mean you know one hand on the wheel one hand on your thigh." He cheeses at me and I laugh at him.

*-*

"Alright you cut off." He takes my second blunt away from me.

"Aw why?" I ask giggling a little climbing on top of him.

"Babe you high as shit." He says his eyes just getting red.

"Fine." I sigh and see an opportunity.

As he finishes off my blunt I leaned down and kissed him sucking the air out of him. I came up and blew the smoke from my lungs.

"You are something else." He sighed and put it out.

He put his hands on my waist and looked at me. His smile made me blush and I looked down. He put his hand on my chin and guided my face closter to his.

"I love you." He said looking at me dead in my eyes.

"I love you too." I said leaning down I kissed him.

"You know I knew that it was true ever since I saw you at the hospital." He says and I knew that it was coming from the heart.

I smiled and tears filled my eyes.

"You know it's hard for me to put my trust completely into anything because of my dad. Being with you I got a even bigger push on staying."

"Staying?"

"Yea I couldn't do it by myself. Only me in that house. Killing him was going to be my escape. Going to Stacy's he's find me a d bring me home and beat me more."

"You don't have to-"

"I do. I need him to get out of my life of it will go down hill and I cannot handel Paisley. Another blimp in my existence. I may lose control some day and I don't wanna mess anything up starting with you, Stacy, Riley, and Vanessa." He wiped my tears away as they fell from my cheeks.

"It'll be ok I got you. I always will." He pulled me into his arms and let me cry it out.

*-*

I woke up to Nate shaking me a bit.

"My mom will be here in a few minuets." He says and hands me a face towel.

It was warm I used it so wipe my face off. I went to the bathroom and are upped my make up and popped some gum in my mouth.

We went downstairs and waited.