Chapter 1 - Explanations.

WARNING: This is based on the Fanfic in Movellas. But this isn't stolen. You can check it out. Look this story and then the other. Are very differents. So please, don't tell me I stole nothing. Thanks.

I pulled out an empty plastic chair from the table in the lunch hall, placing myself opposite from my friends, Danni and Jess.

“How has your first day?.” Jess ask, picking at her macaroni.

"Boring." I said. "I hate this."

“Yeah I know." Danni said. "But let’s not forget ladies, this year we get to sign up for the Slave Auction.” Danni piped up, her eyes glittering with excitement.

I glanced up at her, my eyebrows furrowed, “What? Slave Auction?" I asked, confused.

She looked at me, and smirked, “My pleasure. The Slave Auction is the schools annual event. It’s a way for the school to raise money. Which is basically the reason this school is the richest.”

I nodded, letting her know I was following the explanation before she continued, “Every year, fifteen seniors get chosen to go up for the Slave Auction, where they are auctioned off in front of the entire school. The richest guys bid on you, and the highest bidder wins. They get to be your ‘owner’ for a month.”

“Doesn’t seem that exciting.” Jess muttered, not looking very impressed.

Danni rolled her eyes, “There’s more to it. Out of the fifteen girls that are chosen, one gets picked to be the last girl. The list goes down from the prettiest to the least-prettiest. Number one being the least prettiest, number fifteen being the prettiest, making her the last girl.” That glitter in her eyes had returned.

“And the ‘last girl’ is special because…?” I asked, adding quotations marks with my hands.

“Because she’s the prettiest, the girl that has the most attitude, the girl everyone waits for. The guys always bid the highest on the last girl.”

“That just seems like a way to lower the rest of the year’s self-esteem.” Jess mumbled making me chuckle.

Danni ignored her comment and continued, “Also the last girl gets bid on again, after the month is up, another money maker. This time the bids are higher than ever before. The stakes are up.”

On noticing she was finished I nodded, “How do they chose the fifteen girls?”

I didn’t really care for this ‘Slave Auction’; senior year for me was about getting good grades and graduating. Nothing more. But I felt since Danni had put in such an effort to explain it to me, I could at least pretend to be interested.

“Most of the girls from the year sign up, and then the head cheerleader, Mila Connery chooses thirty from them, where they get interviewed and stuff. Then it’s narrowed down to just fifteen and the Slave Auction commences.”

“Are you gonna sign up?” Jess eyed Danni; we both already knew her answer.

“Of course! I’ve been waiting for this since I joined this fricking school. How I dream of being the Last girl”, her expression suddenly changed and her eyes widened, “Only if one of you sign up with me too though!?”

“No way.” Jess said her tone firm.

I, however was weaker, I could be manipulated so easily.

“Katy? Please?” Danni looked desperate, her eyes big and her lip quivering.

I opened my mouth to speak, but I just couldn’t bring myself to say no.

“Uh…” I stuttered stupidly.

“Yes! That means yes, doesn’t it? This is gonna be so much fun! We’ll have to get our nails done, and tans! Imagine me the last girl, you number fourteen!”

I shook my head, but Danni was already gone in her own little world still babbling about how much fun it was all going to be.

I had just agreed to sign up for the Slave Auction.

What had I done?

***

I was just about the exit school when an arm grabbed me, I turned around to see Danni trying to pull me in the opposite direction.

“What are you doing?” I hissed, wanting to leave this place already.

“Member? You have to sign up now, come on!”

I immediately felt nervous, should I do this?

I couldn’t come up with an answer on time as we had already reached the sign up place, a small table at the front office with forms.

Girls had surrounded it, clambering everywhere.

Danni dragged me inside the tornado of bodies and clasped two forms.

It asked you to fill out you’re name, and that was it.

Really?

On noticing my confused expression Danni began to explain, “The school are in on all of this even if they don’t want to be, the names are documented and Mila chooses you from you’re school picture.”

I nodded not really knowing how to reply to that.

I grabbed a biro form my pocket and uncapped the lid.

I scribbled down my name: Katy Clarkson.

I then handed it to Danni, who placed it inside the sign-up box.

No going back now.

 * * *

If you want the next chapter:

MORE COMMENTS AND VOTES.