Chapter 16: The Move

A/N: hellooo! Sorry for the wait. I just want to take a quick second to comment on a few comments from the last chapter. Some of you were unhappy with the whole 'Ziall' thing (which I get), but some of you even commented on the fact that it's a 'ziam' fic and not a 'ziall'. And I'm not trying to spoil anything, but guys this fic isn't over yet, alright? There's no telling what's going to be endgame yet because I plan to write many more chapters. I don't mean to sound mean or upset or anything because I appreciate how well this story is doing and I appreciate all of the comments I've received so far, they all brighten my day, but there's still a lot to go through, so hang tight ok?

Sorry for the long A/N, hope you enjoy anyway! ^.^ <3

The first thing he notices when he wakes up is the unfamiliarity of the room he's in. The second thing he notices is the bandage around his hand and how it still slightly stings. Niall must've tended to it when he was asleep.

Niall.

Zayn immediately sits up, now wide awake. He slaps his forehead repeatedly as he continuously thinks about what happened last night.

He doesn't hesitate to get up and throw his clothes back on. God, how could he have let this happen? Shouldn't this mean he feels something more than friendship with Niall now? For the longest time he had only seen him as a friend, and now...

Well, now he's not so sure.

He knows it's awful, but he tries his best to leave Niall's house as quietly as he can. He makes it halfway through Niall's living room before he hears his name being called softly from the kitchen.

Zayn reluctantly heads to the kitchen and sees an omelet waiting for him on top of Niall's kitchen table. Niall's already seated in front of his own with a wide smile plastered on his face.

"Sorry, would've woken you up sooner, but you looked like you hadn't slept that well in a while," the blond comments. He gets up and pulls Zayn's chair out for him. "Have a seat," he says before sitting back into his own.

And so Zayn sits down and begins eating with Niall in an uneasy silence. He tries to delay it as much as he can, but soon enough, he finishes his food and finds Niall staring at him, patiently waiting for him to finish.

Niall sighs and runs a hand through his messy, blond hair. "I saw you trying to sneak out of here."

"Niall, I—"

"You don't need to explain, Zayn. I get it," he says. "This is all new to you, and you're uncomfortable with it." Zayn doesn't say anything, and Niall takes that as a silent agreement. "I wanted to apologize, actually..."

Hazel eyes are narrowed as he tries to figure out what Niall's apologizing for. "Apologize?"

"Yeah... I took advantage of you, Zayn. Whether you realize it or not, I did. You were upset, and what we did... It shouldn't have happened, and I'm sorry I let it happen, especially since I was the only one thinking straight." He reaches over and gently squeezes Zayn's hand.

And Zayn takes his hand away because he's realizing how uncomfortable being like this with Niall is making him feel. "I don't know what to say to that."

"So don't say anything. I just wanted to let you know that I'm sorry... And that I want to make it up to you."

"Make it up how?" Zayn asks, eyebrows knitted in curiosity.

Niall smiles fondly at Zayn's expression. "Let me take you out on a date."

"M'not sure that's such a great—"