Chapter 1

I DO NOT OWN THE CHARACTERS. THEY BELONG RIGHTFULLY TO RICK RIORDAN. THIS IS JUST A FAN FICTION :)

~ Percy ~

The roar of the waves reached my ears by the seaside. I stood behind the railing that separates me and the sea. The air there makes me calm and relax, I could forget all of my troubles. Or so I thought.

At the side of the tree due west of me, something glowed that blinded my eyes. I placed both my hands in front of me and squinted to get a better view.

A lady with a white silky gown from the blinding flash came walking towards me. She looks kind of familiar -

Athena? Uh oh . I felt like running away ; though I don't know why.

" Allow me to answer your thoughts. I have something to discuss about with you. "

I fiddle with the hem of my shirt.

" Umm okay. Am I in some kind of trouble ? "

" I noticed that you have too close of a relationship with my daughter. "

"umm maam? I - "

" I'm sure you remember that I disapproved with you being around Annabeth. Both of you being friends, that I can accept. Even though my instinct doesn't allow me to. But The both of you have taken your relationship far too seriously. I'm not going to accept that. " Athena gazed at me with piercing eyes, like Annabeth's.

Annabeth.

"So you're trying to say that I shouldn't be with Annabeth?"

" A smart kid like you should have guessed by now , " Athena replied cooly, rubbing her hands together.

"But how would my relationship with Annabeth concern you?" Anger aroused me as I clenched my fists by my side. I'll never leave Annabeth.

"I'm sure you're aware that the people around you would always get in grave danger. First your mom, then the satyr and Next, my daughter. I tried to keep her away from you the last few years but I Realised that I should now take immediate action. I'm afraid you'll have to leave her"

The way that Athena acted all so calmly made me want to punch her face, though I know I can't. But she's driving me to a corner. She glared as me as though she could penetrate my mind and see what I was thinking. As mad as I was, I shivered.

" If you don't accede to my command, you will bear the consequences. This is serious, you will not put my daughter into danger. " the tone of Athena's voice became stern.

" Dont you know that I have the power to destroy your friends ? " She cut me before I could say anything, which made me freeze. What, she wants to hurt my friends now? How could she. Why does the gods think that they can do whatever they want? Maybe she knows that my fatal flaw is loyalty and was trying to trick me. But she succeeded alright.

" Do not touch my friends, " I said through clenched teeth.

The goddess smiled knowingly as though she expected my response.

"Well, other than your friends, there is your mother, her husband, and... Maybe Annabeth too, "

"What do you want!"

" You know it, " and with that She disappeared In a flash.

I was left there standing, speechless from what just happened.

~*~

I opened the door to my house slowly, not wanting to wake my mother - and my stepdad up. I went to visit my mom after the heroes of Olympus did their quest. I would have to get back to camp tomorrow. And I'm not sure I can handle that, with Annabeth there.

I slumped on the bed and lay there staring at the ceiling with stickers of glowing stars pasted on it. It reminded me the day when Annabeth and I were on the Argo II Admiring the stars and getting a scolding from coach Hedge. I remember all the times we spent happily together. It was perfect. I finally became the world's happiest guy when Athena decided to demolish my happiness.

Anger surged through me as I thought about it. I grabbed my riptide stand and threw it across the room, hard.

" How could they?! How could the gods! Arggghhhh!!! "

My breathing became unstable and the anger didn't fade away. It became worse. I was afraid myself. Im just a pawn of their games. Nothing to them, but just a tool. If this is what the gods want, then I will give it to them.