Chapter Three

The skeleton army descended into the ground and the fissure closed. The mysterious man walked to a table and sat down. His black suit was tailored perfectly to his body. His biceps threatened to rip the seams. The collar of his white shirt was starched stiff. He appeared to be in his twenties, but carried himself as if he was older. His eyes looked dead. As if he has seen every horror the world has to offer. The deep chocolate brown of his eyes turned stormy as he gazed at Jazz and I.
He motioned for us to sit down across from him. I grabbed Jazz's hand and we sat down. I shifted uncomfortably. The man ran his fingers through his long black hair. I noticed we had a lot of similarities.His eyes were the same shade as mine and his nose and mouth as well.
The man spoke," Kaid this is hard to believe, but I am your half brother."
So that's why we look similar I thought. I wasn't even surprised, my father did skip out on my mom. So his story is plausible. My new half sibling looked at Jazz. She shrank back, hiding behind me.
"My name is Ky. I'm guessing you found out about your special talent already", he grabbed a napkin and wiped dirt off of my face.
"I heard a voice. It told me what to do, if that makes any sense", I looked away, fearing the judgment to come.

"That's just dad, he does that to me as well from time to time. He told you how to summon the army of the dead".

My head was spinning. I looked to Jazz for support, but she was too busy giving Ky a confounded look. Dead army? Dad? Special talents? Secret half sibling? Next thing you know, Ky is going to tell me I'm part god.

"It's not safe to talk here, lets go to your house," Ky pulled out his keys and ushered us to a black SUV.

We didn't have to tell Ky where we lived, after all he confessed to stalking us for the last few months. We pulled into a parking space and made our way towards the building. Climbing the stairs, an ominous feeling hung over me. Ky obviously felt it too because he ran up the stairs and to the apartment.
The door had been torn off the hinges and there was blood everywhere. Jazz let out a scream, I followed her gaze to the living room floor. There was mom, laying there. Blood pooling around her lifeless body. I ran to her and held her head.
Tears streamed down my face as I pulled out my phone to dial 911. Ky took my phone.

"No one can help. It was Aries who did this". Ky told Jazz to get a sheet.
Once he had the sheet, he wrapped mom's body. I didn't let her go. Jazz and I sat there for hour with mom, crying for her to come back to us. Ky stepped into the hallway to make a call. He came back and slid his phone into his pocket.
"We'll have to stay here tonight. In the morning we will leave for Dad's house. You can meet him and our step mom," he began to walk away and I stopped him.

"What did you mean when you said Aries did this?"

"Aries is at war with our father. Zeus and Dad took Aries' abilities away. Poseidon teamed with Aries. The prophecy says neither man nor women can end this fight. Kaid, you are neither man nor women. So you can stop all of this", his features softened as he saw my panicked state.

I didn't understand anything. Was he telling me that I actually am part god? Who is our dad? I took a deep breath and asked the question that's haunted me for years.

"Who is my father?"

Ky sighed," Hades. Ruler of the underworld. The king ass himself."