099

It took me nearly 2 and a half years to get Violet pregnant again. She said we could have one more when Adaline turned 1 but we couldn't start trying for a baby until our daughter was 2. This time around it took us months to get pregnant but we finally were.

Robbie, who is 5 now, understood better the situation than Adaline who was going to be 3 by the time the baby arrives. Our two kids were very good and didn't hate each other as other kids do. They spend a lot of time together and share their toys and Buddy who is they favorite family member. In fact, they love him more than Violet and I.

I still remember when we went to the doctors for our first ultrasound. We had left the kids at home with Marine and Robert so we were on our own. I smiled at Violet as she layed on the bed with her top up so you could see the baby bump. Her bump it was bigger than usual at this stage but we thought it had to do with the position the baby was in.

We couldn't believe it when the doctor told us that we were expecting twins. I nearly fainted right there because that was not at all in the cards. I mean it was great that we were getting a 2x1 deal but I was afraid it will all be too much for Violet.

I was a bit afraid too because it is so hard with two kids already, imagine adding in two more. However, I was happy too because I was going to have two more kids for our family. I knew Violet will be done with after this pregnancy and I feel like I will be too. Four kids were more than enough.

This pregnancy was different not only because it was two babies but we also decided we wanted to be surprised with the sex of the babies. We thought that having two was a surprise in itself so we will let the sex be a surprise as well.

So when the babies arrived a month early we couldn't be more surprised. We were on our way to leave Robbie and Adaline at their nursery when Violet's water broke. We freaked out because we were not ready for them to arrive just yet.

I remember that Violet was shouting at me and I was in a trance while Robbie and Adaline were crying on the backseats all the way to the hospital. When we arrived I took Violet in and the doctors checked her out while I calmed down Robbie and Adaline.

"Daddy, mommy is going to get well?" Adaline asked me with a pout.

"She will. She is just going to have your sibblings." I told her.

"Ada, you don't have to worry." Robbie hugged her.

I smiled at my two kids as they hugged each other and Robbie stopped Adaline's tears. I crouched down and pulled them in a hug and told them I love them.

After a few minutes, all the family was here and I was able to go with Violet. She was sweating and screaming in pain and yet again telling me this was the last time she was going to go through this. I chuckled but I agreed with her.

With our two previous pregnancies, the babies took hours and hours to be born but this time around, as soon as I arrived to the room, Violet was told to push.

Our third and fourth baby were born. Two healthy and beautiful baby girls.

I know Adaline will be excited because she wanted sisters but Robbie will be gutted because he wanted brothers. I was so looking forward for his pout and complains about being the only boy.

I had one of our new daughters in my arms and Violet has the other. We haven't decided what names give them because we wanted Robbie and Adaline to do it.

Our two first kids arrived to the room and run towards us. Robbie tried to climb into Violet's bed but it was too high for him while Adaline couldn't even get close. I gave Violet the baby I was carrying and helped Robbie and Adaline up in the bed.