|> Light Yagami x Reader <|

[Light Yagami x Reader][AU][Edited May 9th 2019]

-

Light's POV.

     It was Saturday, so I could finally rest. I've been studying way too hard recently, along with trying to keep up with (Y/N). With that thought, my phone rings. Speak of the devil, it's (Y/N). I pick up my phone and answer.

    "Hello." I say into the phone but instantly retract it from my ear at the blaring music pumping through the speaker.

     "Light-Kun!" The phone was well away from my ear, but I could hear (Y/N)'s voice yell, loud and clear.

    "You're at a party, aren't you?" I sigh. She always was the party type. It's not a bad thing, but I'm always the one who has to come and get her. There's a long pause on her end of the line and for a few moments all I can hear is some crappy mainstream song playing too loudly.

     ".... No...." I massage my temple.

     "(Y/N), where are you?" She sounds absolutely wasted, there's no way she can stay wherever she is any longer.

    "I dunno..." She drawls tiredly.

    "(Y/N)?" I call her name urgently when I don't hear anything else.

    "Yeahhh...?"

    "Where are you?" I try again.

     "Your voice is really sexy, you know..." Damn. She always gets like this when she's drunk.

     "Is anyone there with you?"

    "There's lots of people here, Light-kun, but if you want do things, there's bedrooms." She giggles drunkenly.

    "Is there anyone I would know?" I try, knowing most of her friends I wouldn't be on talking terms with. She's very popular while I'm more introverted.

    "Errrr...." She slurs something to someone and I recognise a voice above the noise.

    "Who are you talking to, (Y/N)?"

    "Light-kuuuun..."

    "Light-kun?! Give me the phone! - Hi Light-kun!"

    "Hello, Misa." I sigh boredly. I dislike talking to Misa, but I suppose it's the only way to find out were the hell (Y/N) could be. I could just go out driving around the block and look for the parties, but its Saturday, where we live, there's three to four parties a night.

    "What are you doing tonight?" Her voice drops low and a vein pops in my head. Damn Misa.

    "Where are you?"

    "Huh? I'm at a party. Why, Light-kun, do you want to see me?" She asks excitedly and I can tell she's intoxicated, but no where near as bad as (Y/N).

    "I need to pick (Y/N) up, which party are you at?"

     "We're at Jenna's." She says dejectedly. Oh well.

    "Alright, give (Y/N) her phone back and tell her to wait out front, I'm on my way."

   "Bye light-k-" I disconnect the phone before she can finish. I pull on some shoes and a coat before grabbing my keys and jumping in my car. I drive around the block until I reach Jenna's and manage to park amongst the mess of cars. I step out and squint at the bodies on the lawn and front porch. I'd rather not have to go in there to get (Y/N). I spot her out of the corner of my eyes and turn to face her. She's leaning against the house with a another boy, whose hair is red, but could easily be mistaken for brown and a striped shirt. I make my way over there to them.

    "Oh! Hi Light-kun, I didn't know you were coming!" I roll my eyes slightly.

    "I came to pick you up."

    "Oh? But I'm going with Maaaatt." she drawls, leaning against him.

    "Come on." I slip an arm around her waist and she leans on me while I guide her into the car and do up her seat-belt for her. I drive her to her own house and help her inside, setting her on the sofa, going to get her a glass of water. When I return, she's laying down with her eyes closed, presumably asleep. I set the glass down and turn to leave.

    "I really like you, Light-kun. As more than friends." I turn back to look at her.

    "You're drunk, (Y/N)." I sigh sadly. I, of course, like her that way too, but I can't take advantage of her like this, she's completely wasted.

    "Drunken words, Sober thoughts..." She murmured as her eyelids drooped and she slowly drifted to sleep in front of me.

    "Sleep well, (Y/N). I love you."

....................