Safe

Today had been the worst day of your life. Ok that might have been a slight exaggeration but the day was pretty bad. First your alarm didn’t go off so you were late for class, then you got a bad grade in physics and to top it off, you got coffee spilled all over your shirt. But this was by far the worst. You had had enough of everyone hating you at school and constantly bullying you. One of the bitches in the school started insulting you and soon after everyone else joined in too. You wish you could see Elena, Bonnie and Caroline but unfortunately, they were seniors and you were a junior. You rarely saw each other at school. When you finally couldn’t take it anymore you ran out of the school straight to the woods. They always calmed you down. You ran for a while until you bumped into someone, hard. You stumble back trying to keep your balance and failing miserably. Luckily the person that you had bumped into quickly took a hold of your elbows, steadying you. You look up with with your tear stained face at your savior. You quickly recognize the build, muscular form with black hair. Tyler Lockwood. You and him had a love/hate relationship. You tease each other a lot but could get along very well if the occasion called for it. But he wasn’t really the person you wanted to see right now. You look down while wiping your tears even though more of them followed. Tyler puts his hands on both sides of your face, looking into your eyes with his dark brown ones. Concern written all over them. You try to put on a fake smile but you just couldn’t. You rarely cried which is why people are shocked when they do see you cry. If you ever did there must be good reason for it.

“(Y/N)? What happened? What got you so upset? ” He asks looking at you as if he could read you.
“Nothing. I’m fine. It’s fine”
“No it’s not fine. You rarely cry and if you do then something is seriously wrong. (Y/N) don’t hide from me please. Don’t shut me off.” He said with pleading eyes while you break into another crying fit. As sob rips from your throat as you think back to the awfully things that happened that day. Tyler put his hand on you head and guides it to his shoulder while his other arm wraps around your waist. The warmth of his body gives you the long needed comfort. You felt safe.

“I can’t do this anymore Tyler. I’ve tried to put up with it but it’s to hard. I can’t” You say, another wrenching sob falling out of your mouth. His fingers glide through your hair as an attempt to give you comfort.

“Shhh, shhh it’s okay. It’ll be fine. You’ll be okay” He says as he holds onto you even tighter as your body shakes with sobs. And at that moment you believed him, because you loved him. And if anyone was gonna get you through this, it was him.