CHAPTER #22- Honesty Of The Innocent

The repercussions for RJ and Jay Paul loosing their tempers, wasn't just with the law. There was fall out from Kee-Tah Entertainment and social media.  They weren't allowed to say anything, as per their lawyer and the usual haters rode all over them on their high horses.  But they found out who their true fans and friends were.  Family forgave them, as everyone looses their cool once in a while.  Lisa understood that they had been protecting her, Jaydin and the unborn baby.  It was the first time she'd seen either of them so angry.  She was both a little scared of Jay Paul's temper and turned on by it.  Ashley explained to to her that Jay Paul would never hit a women, that when they fought it was more bark than bite.  Even at her practice, Lisa's clients weighed in with their opinions on what had happened.  She was glad when the local attention finally shifted to some other gossip.

"Do you ever hate being in the public eye? You never have any privacy either."

"Sometimes it's rough, but at the same time look at all the cool gear I get for free," Jay Paul said honestly.

Lisa grinned, "you love the attention; good or bad, don't you?"

He shrugged and flashed her a smile. She lightly punched him in the arm.  

Like he had predicted, the nausea had left finally and she could eat again.  Jay Paul had a beer and she was having pickles and ice cream.  He shook his head at her, when Lisa dipped the pickle into the ice cream.  "Now that's gross.  You can't tell me that it tastes good."

She held out a pickle with ice cream on it, "want to try it Jay?"

He shook his head negatively.  "I'll stick with beer and my po-boy sandwich."

Lisa looked at it, "I see shrimp, sausage, Doritos and a hot dog in a bun."

"Not Doritos, barbecue corn chips," he clarified.  "Want a deep fried pickle?"

"I'm pregnant not nuts.  The texture of that is disgusting," she made a gag face.

They finished eating and he helped her into his truck.  They left the restaurant and went to pick up Jaydin.  Ashleigh, Lisa and Jay Paul would all be together to tell him he'd be a big brother in a bunch of months.  

"I hope he doesn't hate me or the baby," Lisa said.

Jay Paul took his free hand and held hers.  "He'll love being a big brother.  Don't worry about it."

They arrived at Ashleigh's house and saw her boyfriend leaving.  Jaydin stood on the porch, waiting for his dad's truck to stop moving.  The little boy hurled himself forward into his father's arms and found himself lifted high in the air.  Jaydin laughed with joy.

"Lisa, Mommy, look at me!"

Ashleigh smiled, "careful Jay, he just ate. You spin him around too much and he'll barf on you."

Jay Paul took the warning to heart and set his son down on the ground.  "How are you bro?"

The boy proceeded to tell his dad about everything that he'd done that day, while Ashleigh and Lisa went inside the house.

"My son will be protective of you, even more so than usual, when he finds out."

"You and Jay are so sure he'll be okay with this... I hope you're right," Lisa said nervously.

They got lemonade and then went outside to join the boys.  "Jaydin, we have some important news to share with you," Ashleigh began.

Jaydin looked at them expectantly.

"Lisa is going to give you the job of being a big brother in a while," Jay Paul explained.

She nodded, "I've got a baby inside of me, and Jay Paul is the daddy."