Chapter Eight-The Party

Hey guys! So the next chapter is up! It's the party! :) You get to read the party chapter! Plus, there is a little surprise at the end... I won't tell you good or bad.... but the story starts really moving along after this. Hope you like!

Chapter 8- The Party                               

Three days ago, even in my wildest dreams I never imagined that I would be going to a party held by Brandon Nakaru and Christine Marak. After Christine officially invited me, I went into party mode. Mentally going through all the clothes in my closet, trying to decide what to wear in my mind and making more conversation with the customers than usual. When I get off work, I practically run to my car. That car couldn’t start any slower. I drive out of the parking lot and floor the gas pedal. When I get home, I hurry to my closet and pull out my purple dress. I take a minute to look it over. It looks as if it just came from the store. All the sparkles catch the light and the cloth is unwrinkled. I pull it off the hanger and slip it on. I pull out the black flats that go with it. I go into the bathroom and pull out my curling iron.

While I am curling my hair, I have time to let my mind wander. I start to think about my feelings for Brandon. He is charming, understanding, and unlike any other guy I’ve met before. But then there’s Christine. He loves her, and she loves him. He may have some feelings for me, but what are some feelings compared to loving someone, the same you’ve loved since college? I turn off the curling iron and look at the clock. Four Thirty. I should leave early incase I get lost. I walk out to my car and get in. I turn on my car and wait for the heating to start working. I put my hand in front of the vents.

            I feel he heat on my hand, that should have hurt, but didn’t. I put my hand back on the driving wheel and put the car in reverse. I start off towards Christine and Brandon’s house.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

            Four Thirty! I hurry into our bedroom to wake up Christine.

            “What time is it?” She asks in her cute groggy voice. I forgot how much I miss hearing her voice.

            “Four Thirty.” I say. She bolts up

            “Four Thirty!?  Why didn’t you wake me up earlier?” She says with her eyes bunched into a squint.

            “I didn’t realize what time it was.” I shrug my shoulders.

            “Now I will have to forget about doing my hair and just throw on a nice shirt and jeans.”

            “Why would you need to re-do your hair?” I ask her “You look beautiful.”

            “Nobody else cares what you think.” She replies curtly. I hope she isn’t cranky to the guests, especially Nala.

            “Mr. Nakaru, there is someone here requesting to come up. Should I let her?” Christopher, the doorman, says through the intercom.

            “Who is it Christopher?” There is a pause as he asks for her name.

            “She says her name is Nala Rodriguez” he replies. Nala is already here? “Mr. Nakaru? Do you know her?”

            “Oh uhh yeah she is here for a get together for Christine’s homecoming.”

            “Alright. And tell Miss Marak welcome home for me.”

            “Will do Christopher.” I reply then go to hurry and change. As I come out of the bedroom Christine is letting Nala in. She is wearing a purple dress that scrunches mid thigh. The sparkles catch the light perfectly and her curly hair and bright smile makes it impossible to deny her beauty. When she sees what Christine and I are wearing, her smile fades.

            “Early and overdressed?” She says with a slight hint of sarcasm in her voice.

            “Oh, but you look beautiful Nala!” Christine says to Nala then glares at me. If looks could kill, I would be long gone.

            “Thanks, but am I the first here?” she says, a little wary of the answer.

            “Uhh... Yeah, but that’s okay, you can help set up!” I say to her, trying not to stare. She looks at me as if she had forgotten I was here.

            “Oh, well I’d love to help.” She says and smiles. Oh, if only she would smile all the time. We start putting up streamers and decorations. As soon as we put the last decoration up, Christopher calls up with more guests. When they all get up, the party starts. I start out going around and talking to each guest, but after the first hour, I get bored and decide to go sit on the balcony. When I get there I see Nala. She must not have heard me come; I sit in the chair next to her.

            “Hey, why are you sitting out here?” I ask.

            “Too many unfamiliar faces, all staring at me. I couldn’t take it anymore. Why are you out here? This is your party,”

            “No, it’s Christine’s party and she is having more fun without me. Today she has been distant towards me.”

            “Don’t worry about that. It’s just from being in the hospital without you for so long. She needs to get used to being with you again. Just let her come back in her own time.” She replies.

            “I hope so.”

            “Brr… it is really cold out tonight.” She says, her teeth chattering. I take off my jacket and put it around her shoulders. She looks up at me with a puzzled look in her eyes. We are interrupted by the sound of clanking glass. I walk inside with Nala right behind me.

            “I would like to make a toast,” Christine announces holding out her glass. I walk over to her and grab a glass and hold it up, “I would like to thank you all for coming to this party. It means a lot to me. To friendship.”

            “And Love.”  I say as I raise my glass, and look at her. She doesn’t return my gaze. What is up with her? Everyone raises their glass and take a drink.

            After some more mingling and talking, people start to head out. Christine and I stand by the door and thank everyone for coming. Nala is the last to leave. She hugs Christine and thanks us for the invitation. She turns to me and smiles, the walks out the door.

            “Well. That was a fun party.” I say to her.

            “Yeah, I guess….. Who did you have in mind when you said ‘and love’ after my toast?”

            “Well you of course.” I reply, not understanding what she meant. “I love you.”

            “Yeah, well what if I don’t love you? You made a fool of me with that little stunt.” I look at her, stunned.

            “If you don’t love me, then why are you here?” I say, anger filling my words.

            “I don’t know. Maybe I’ll just leave.” She says calmly, then walks to the bedroom and packs her bags.

            “Fine, leave! Where will you go?”

            “I’ll be able to find somewhere. Even if it is a hotel, it will mean I don’t have to stay with you.”

            “Fine!” I yell at her. She walks out the door and I slam it after she is gone.

AAAHHHH Their first fight ever! and we get to be there for it! :) So yeah, now with Christine out of the way, Brandon and Nala will have a chance! Did you like the Chapter? TELL ME!!!! I NEED TO HEAR YOUR OPINION! My life can't go on without it! :) So the Chapter Song is.... Wait for it.... Grenade! (by Bruno Mars) Brandon would do anything for Christine, but Christine doesn't feel the same way. I Love Bruno Mars by the way! Anyways.... Hope you liked it! Comment, Vote, or Like it! PLEASE!!!! I am on my knees begging! :) ( Only if you think the chapter is worthy tho, and if it's not, Tell Me Why!)