the vision

1982

The Cullen's milled around their home wandering from room to room, kinda bored with eternal life. They also tried to avoid Rosalie and Emmett as much as they could, the mates were inseparable and highly sexual. Alice sat on a couch, her best friend Jasper by her side. Her adoptive father and his mate, Carlisle and Esme, were in the room right next door.

Alice felt her vision blur and knew what was coming, another vision. She gasped as another scene came in to her mind. A young girl, maybe 18, sat perched on a couch. She muttered to herself as memories were painted around her in a black light. Faces moved against each other, no doubt moments the girl had witnessed. Then the images changed from black to a white/grey colour, the faces changed and the girl seemed confused. Like she had never seen this before. Jaspers face appeared in the image, scaring both the girl and Alice. The girl curled up on the couch and began sobbing as Alice was drawn from the image.

Alice jumped from the couch, a joyous look on her face.

" Jasper, I think that was your mate! "

1992

The Cullen's had moved, again. This time to Alaska and they were all finding the cold weather extremely pleasant. Alice entered Jaspers room, only to find him staring at a charcoal drawing of the most gorgeous girl she had ever seen. Since that day, Alice had no more visions of the girl who made magic images in the air. She had no idea how she did it, but Alice didn't care. The only way for a vampire to ever feel whole is to find their mate. It was cruel, it was like Jasper had his mate dangled in front of him, only for her to be snatched away. Like she said, it was cruel.

"It's ok, we'll find her"

Alice's vision blurred once more and she slowly slipped in to the vision. She quickly recognised Jasper's mates face, who was in the company of a young boy.

'I can;'t stay anymore, Percy, I don't belong here. I'm not like you!'

The girl screamed at Percy as tears ran down her face.

' Where will you go, Artemis? Alone again? '

Percy screamed at Jaspers mate, who she now knew was named Artemis.

'I've been alone for 515 years Percy, I can handle a couple more'

Artemis spoke with tenderness before the image disappeared. Alice be linked a few times before seeing the family hovering around her.

" I saw her, Jaspers mate. Her name is Artemis "

Alice smiled up at Jasper who seemed awe struck. A frown quickly etched its way on to Alice's face when she realised one of the most important things from the vision.

Artemis has been alone for 515 year.