2- The Wanderer

The demon king was always a stoic man. He had a quick temper, his expression never changed, and this time wasn't an exception.

Lord Yoshihito kept his face perfectly expressionless as he killed the minor demon before him. The afore mentioned demon's only offence was standing in the young lord's way. Yoshihito's hand did not falter as he sliced the demon's head off as if it were only a piece of fruit. Nor did his name stop him from doing do. The name Yoshihito meant 'good person' or 'kind person' which led him to regularly wonder why his parents, who were both pure blooded demons, had ever decided to name him that. He had indeed asked them that exact question several times but the only answer he had got was that he would know when the time came. 'When? What time?' He wondered as he walked into the forest before him.

"Lord Yoshihito!" Shouted a small imp, running to catch up with his master. He paused slightly at the dead demon's corpse and thought 'Oh no... Not again!' "Lord Yoshihito, wait for me!" Running again as he noticed that his master had gotten further away.

Yoshihito paused. "Hurry up Pochi." He said before starting to walk again. Pochi the imp finally caught up to his master and after catching his breath he said "Lord Yoshihito, you must stop killing random demons on the road! It's not right!" Pochi adjusted his walking stick. "And more importantly, it stinks up the place." He added walking into the young lord by mistake. Pochi glance up at his master and shrunk away realizing that Yoshihito was glaring at him. 'Man, they were really wrong about his name. He's not kind at all. They should have named him Lord Cruel or Prince Scary.' Thought the imp.

"Are you my servant or my teacher?" Asked the lord, annoyed. "Well technically...-" The imp started to answer but was cut off by his master. "No. Don't answer that." He said. 'I am your teacher." The imp finished the sentence in his head but said, "As you wish your lordship." And they continued their silent walk throughout the forest.

The small company was not bothered by anymore demons as the message that the demon king had arrived had spread through the area. This left Pochi to sift through his thoughts as he followed the young lord through the dense forest. 'Really, master Yoshihito is starting to get out of hand. He's the king for heavens sake! He can't go wrong killing his own subjects.' He thought. 'What to do...? What to do...? Her won't listen to me anymore. Maybe I should notify the queen mother about this? Hmm... I wonder... He used to be so nice when he was young, I think...'

"Shinpachi! There you are!" The demon lord greeted the imp who had just arrive after completing a particularly nasty mission. "My lord, I have completed the mission you have given me." The imp said bowing to his master. "Ah, good, good. So you killed that rouge dragon that was disrupting our borders?" The lord inquired. "Wait... The order was...'to kill'?" Asked the imp shocked. "Eh?" The demon king said confused. "So... You didn't kill it?" Pochi shook his head. "Oh well, we'll take care of that later." The demon king laughed it off.

"Father, who's here?" Asked a young boy with golden hair. He was peeping into the room standing behind the door. "Ah, Yoshihito, come here. Let me introduce you to Shinpachi." Said the king of demons as the young boy timidly walked over to them. "Shinpachi, you've been away for such a long time, so I'd finally like you to meet my son Yoshihito." "Eh? This can't be that new born that was here when I left, could it?" The imp asked curiously.

"Why of course it is! I didn't have another son while you were gone!" The demon lord joked. 'Seriously?' Thought the imp. "Yoshihito, this is Shinpachi. He has been my friend and companion for a long, long time. Now he'll be your teacher and companion." The demon lord said smiling. "Teacher?" Asked the young Yoshihito. Obviously he was not happy with this arrangement but he tried not to show it. "Yes. My friend will be a good teacher. He knows lots, trust me." The demon king told his confused son. 'Yeah, maybe... But if he's anything like the idiot that's currently teaching me, I'm sure I won't need him.' Thought the young prince. "Yes that's right I do know alot of thing- Wait... Teacher?!" Shouted the imp incredulous.