Chapter 1: The First Day

***
Jade's POV

I stared up at the ceiling, I haven't got any sleep as usual. I turned around and watched the clock that hung over my bed, as if it was watching me too. I rubbed my eyes and squinted trying to read the time. My eyes got wide with fear "Shit I'm late I'm fucking late," I said to myself.
I let my conscience take over and drag myself to the bathroom, I shut the door and faced myself in the mirror "Disgusting," I sighed with agony and got ready. After convincing myself I looked okay I got on my clothes. The usual "I wear my emotions look" I got up and went downstairs. I saw my dad passed out on the couch and of course followed by the insane amounts of beer bottles that surrounded him. I was heated immediately. I stomped towards him and grabbed one of the many beer bottles and shook him awake.
"What the fuck Jade?"
He said groaning, rubbing his tired eyes. I stood towering over my dad, I shook the empty beer bottle in front of his face. "Drinking again, I see?"
He sat up and tried to grab the bottle out of my hand. I turned away and threw it in the trash. He stood up walking towards me, "Mind your own damn busin-"
I interrupted him and took a step towards him. "It is my business. You're my fucking dad."
I stared at the bottles "Is it mom? Well is it?!" He pushed me onto the wall "Don't you dare bring her up,"
I could feel his hot breath on my face. "It's your fault she left me!"
I got out of his grip, and stepped away from him. "Don't you put your fucking filthy hands on me ever again." I ran out the door before he could say anything.
"What a great way to start the first day of school."
I went behind my backyard and into the alley I always walk to school on. I stopped and pulled a cigarette out of my pocket, along with my lighter. I put it up to my lips and lit it, sliding the lighter into my jacket pocket. I countined walking and took long drags off of my cigarette. I blew the smoke out feeling my problems release from my lungs

*** Time skip ***

I stomped on my cigarette before facing my high school, I walked to the back of the school. I saw the usual cliques Posers, Preps, Jocks, Burnouts, etc. Everyone turned their heads facing my direction, it felt as if everything was happening in slow motion. "They hate you. Everyone is talking about you."
I walked faster and opened the back doors to the school, knowing I was already 30 minutes late. Great. But really, what could go wrong? No. What can go wrong?
I saw Cas and Alex at the corner of the hallway, I decided to approach them.
"Hey guys." Cassie laughed and looked at Alex
Oh shit, I still smell like Cigarettes.
Cassie giggled, "Need some perfume?" She asked reaching to her bag.
Alex snickered, "You smell like a baby prostitute." I nudged her sarcastically. "Fuck you," I said laughing. I took the perfume Alex handed to me and applied some to my body and handed it back.
"Hey.. speaking of prostitutes want to ditch this hell hole?"
Cassie smiled, "And on the first day you still haven't changed."
Alex grabbed her bag and slung it over her shoulder, "I'm down."
I smirked checking the perimeter.
"No teachers around..let's blow." We headed out for another one of our adventures.