12 Rounds

Check out the new single "Big" by RaVeness available now on Spotify

Picture of Mya: Keri Hilson

~Mya~

I let out a deep breath and pulled my knees to my chest. Wrapping my arms around my legs I starred down at my best friend of 15 years. Elijah moved his head and fist to the DVD of his next opponents last match. "Eli." I started playing with the diamond boxing glove that hung from my neck. Elijah had bought us both one after he won his first of five Championship Belts.

"Yea." He kept his eyes on the TV.

"I'm going to be twenty four in two months.

"Damn girl you getting old." he laughed

I threw a pillow at him. "Shut up. Your two years older than me."

"And the ladies still love me." He popped his collar and flashed a smile. I stuck out my tongue at him, and rolled my eyes.

"Anyways, I think it's time to loose it."

"What?" He paused the DVD. "What made you say that?"

"I've been holding on to it for twenty three years Eli. I think it's time."

"I'm-I didn't know you were seeing anybody, you were serious about." He was rubbing his head.

"I'm not. i don't have time to date."

Uneasiness sweep over his face. "Than with who?"

"I was thinking about asking an ex-boyfriend."

"Who?" He stood up, glaring down at me.

"I was thinking about asking David." I had thought real hard about this decision, David had stuck around longer than all the others.

"No My, not him." He pointed his finger at me.

" Why? Because you and him didn't get along?" I threw my hands up in the air. Why was he making this hard for me?

"No, it's because he ran out on you once he found out he wasn't getting any." Running his hand over the smooth waves on top of his head. Elijah began pacing back and forth, he let out a deep breath and asked. "Why all of a sudden, you want to do-it?"

I wanted to hide my face, i was so embarrassed and i didn't know why. "I always wanted to do-it. But i was just scared to. When the time would come to, fear would take over my body and push the want-to away." I kept playing with my necklace.

"That wasn't fear. That was you being smart." He sat down on the couch and pulled my legs across his lap. I could tell he was having mixed emotions about this.

"Mya, have you really thought about this?"

I leaned forward and started into his big browns eyes. "Yes i have. Elijah, why are you giving me such a hard time about this? Did i say anything to you, when you gave yours away to Angie Simpson?"

"Yea, you said and i quote: Ew Elijah that girls a tramp." He rolled his neck and mimicked me.

"She was a tramp." I rolled my neck.

"Yea she was." He smiled. "But guys don't hold it as sacred as girls. Look at me My, can we at least agree on this? Your first time should be with someone that cares about you?"

"I agree."

"Someone that you trust." He was staring me in the eyes

"Yes." I locked eyes with him.

"Someone that's gonna do it right. Make love to you, not just fuck you?"

"Yes."

"Me."

"Yes. No, no, no,no Elijah." I stood up and started walking to the kitchen.

"Mya hear me out." He followed me.

My hands were shaking as i tried to do the dishes. "No." I shouted.

"I don't want somebody to ruin it for you."

"I don't want to ruin our friendship. i appreciate the thought Elijah i really do, but we can't.

He turned me to face him, Elijah has always been a sexy man, there was nothing i wouldn't do for him. But this was not one of them. "Mya, we've gotten through everything the devil has thrown at us. We're strong enough to get through this. Don't let fear take over." I looked at him in shock, how dare he use my words to convince me.

"I'll think about it." I lied turning from him to finish the dish's, this was not going to happen. I was not going to have sex with Eli.

"Yea think about it." He grabbed the dry towel and began drying the dish's.

~~Ok so tell me what you think? Do you like it so far? Should i keep going, or should i end it here? Please vote and comment. Thank you all for reading.~~

All rights reserved By: MrsCassey