Chapter 1: New York

Hey!!!

I was really excited about writing this story!! =]

And mind you I spent the whole evening yesterday typing this chapter out!! =]

And I am proud of my work!! =]

Disclaimer: I don't own Percy Jackson and Harry Potter. If I did the would have met each other long ago. ;)

Anyways, Here comes my hard work!! :)

Enjoy!!

***********************************************************************************************************

"It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends."

~J. K. Rowling 

                         *************************************************************************

Chapter 1 : New York

Harry gave a sigh as he stood in the balcony of his hotel room, which looked down at the busy streets of New York. He, Harry James Potter was currently in New York away from his homeland where everyone else was currently going through damage control.

It had been almost one month since the war in the wizard world came to an end after when he killed Oh-so-powerful-Dark-Lord Voldermort, with a disarming spell. He couldn't help but let out a chuckle at how such a powerful Dark wizard died by a simple, Expelliarmus.

Hermione, his girl best friend decided that he needed a vacation away from all the fame and deaths. She knew how he blamed himself for all the deaths that occurred, but she had explained him that none of those dead people would want him to moan all day in his room. She had literary dragged him to Head of Ministry, Kingsley Shacklebolt, with help from his best friend and her boyfriend, Ronald Weasly.

After being locked inside Kingsley's room for almost two hours they came to the agreement that he should go away for a holiday away from all the chaos in England.

That's what led him to be standing in the balcony of a hotel room in New York. The sun had long said its good bye and the moon was shining in all his glory. New York was not much different from London but there were not same either, the streets were always full of people no matter when he looked. Now, he understood why people called it, the city that never sleeps.

Kingsley had politely asked him which city he wanted to visit and without much thinking he decided on New York. He had always wanted to visit the world and his curiosity got even more when the Weasly twins visited New York in one of their business deals and spent the whole evening answering his questions.

They had described the scene perfectly starting from the Empire State building to the Night Life. He found the New York life more busy compared to that of London.

He has been in New York for the past three days, he wasn't really sure when he would return, may be, in another week or so. He hadn't met many wizards since he decided to say in muggle New York, closer to Manhattan. He did encounter one or two in one of visits during day, where they had asked for an autograph or a photograph. He was the savior after all.

Till today everything was normal, more like till today morning where something strange happened. Well, after everything that he went through you can agree that there was almost nothing normal in his life.

Today morning when he was planning to take a small shopping trip to the mall after the nice warm breakfast he had in his room. He was walking down the busy road as any other normal person when the corner of his eye caught a group of wizards dressed in robes walking towards him from the opposite side. They were talking to each other discussing about something. It was a group of three girls and two boys, around his age. The moment he saw them he knew it was trouble. No, not the trouble where they-are-going-to-fight-me-and-leave-me-to-die. Nope not even close. It was more like ruining his calm and happy morning with recognizing him as ,The Harry Potter and asking for autographs or asking for photos or even more worse to see the scar on his forehead.

So, he did the best thing that came to his mind. He quickly turned to his right and dashed down the street until a board hanging on a door caught his eye. Public Toilet.

He closed the door behind the door and leaned against it. After gaining his breath he went to one of the sinks and washed his hands and face.

One of the cubicle doors opened and a teenage boy walked out. He was more built and older compared to him and the whole aura around called out trouble. He gulped and kept washing his hands hoping the giant would leave without trouble. It wasn't like he was scared, he had his wand with him but the ministry had asked him to use magic as less as possible since he was supposed to be keeping it low. Unknowingly his hand tightened around his wand which was in his pant pockets.

"Hey, kid what are you doing in here?" the stranger asked him as he turned to look at Harry who was still washing his hands.

"Uh... Me? Nothing!!!" Harry yelped out stupidly.

"Why? Did I scare you?" he started walking towards Harry like a predator about to pounce on his pray.

Harry wasn't scared. Nope, not at all. In Hogwarts he had his fair share of bullying. He knew how to fight back and he had his wand. Knowing him, even if the ministry prohibited the use of magic he will find a way to use it. What can we say He is Harry Potter.

"Well, aren't you going to answer me?" the stranger asked again. He had walked a few steps closer and now he was right in front of Harry.

Harry took a step back and he felt the wall of the bathroom behind him. Just great, he was cornered. His luck was always on the other side and always he screwed up.

He had no other way now. Hex the guy and oblivate him. Great plan, Harry. *Mental pat on the back*

"You aren't answering me?" the guy hissed at me and pulled out something shiny from his pant pockets. A knife.

"Well, what did you ask me?" Harry replied thankful to his Gryffindor courage. And he slowly pulled out his wand.

"I was- What are you going to do with a stick? Poke me to death?" the stranger asked laughing as if it was the best joke in the world.

Just as Harry was about to answer with something sarcastic his wand was knocked out of his hand.

Great, He was wandless.

Before Harry's mind could focus on escaping he felt something cold under his chin. It was the knife.

He was going to die, now. And that too in a broken down public bathroom in New York.

He tried to struggle against the heavy load of the stranger when he felt an odd feeling in his gut. It wasn't anything painful, it was just odd and weird and it was the first time he ever felt it.

Just as the odd feeling came, water erupted from the broken taps and pipes around him grabbing the man and throwing him off.

"What the Merlin, happened just now!" was his last thought as darkness overtook him.

********************************************************************************************************

I'm really sorry for any mistakes in Grammer or spellings.... =[

I wanted to know who would you like Harry to date in this book?

- Ginny

- A girl from the camp?

- Another witch?

Well, tell me your anser in comments!! =]

Please comment,vote and fan!! :)

~XxXDream_On_GirlXxX