17. Together at last

Chapter Seventeen: Final

It was not before long that Mrs Weasley, George and the rest of the Weasley family joined Percy and I, around the dead body of Fred Weasley. Everyone was sobbing and George clung onto the body of his dead twin in disbelief.

The death eaters had stopped fighting and stood back close to the forest like they were waiting for someone.

During those few minutes the Order had to themselves, they laid the bodies of there dead, close to the Hogwarts castle together. In total there was about 10 dead, including a few Hogwarts students that were apart of Dumbledore’s Army.

There too were a couple of Death eater’s dead, including Bellatrix, who Mrs Weasley had killed to revenge her son’s death, laying on the grounds of Hogwarts. The death eaters did not even bother doing anything with there dead.

Finally what the Death eaters were waiting for was revealed. Out of the forbidden forest walked Hagrid, holding Harry’s unmoving body is big arms. Followed closely behind, Voldemort himself walked out of the forest with a look of victory on his pale snake-like face.

The Malfoys and a few others of Voldemorts closes followers followed him out of the forest and joined the other death eaters, who had been fighting the Order. Amongst them I could see Barty standing at the edge of the group, his eyes stayed on me the whole time. He must not be happy that I am standing on the side of good, instead of over there with him.

I looked away from him, not being able to stand his piercing stare.

“Harry Potter is dead” Voldemorts chilling voice yelled over to us “If you give in now and join me, your lives might be spared, I feel no need to kill any more pure bloods if they are willing to join me”

No one moved over our side, I knew that no one in their right mind would join the dark lord just because Harry Potter was dead. The Order got into stance ready to start fighting again. I knew there were going to be more deaths tonight, and I did not want one of those deaths to be Barty’s.

I slowly made my way to the back of the crowd and headed around the side of the castle out of sight. I ran across the grass straight for the forbidden forest. As I ran I wondered if Barty had seen me go. I was kind of hoping he had and would follow me. That way we could both just get out of here.

I entered the forest and went into the thick trees. I started running the direction back towards the fight. I needed to get behind Barty and pull him into the forest with me.

I ran as fast as my legs would carry me. In the distance in front of me I could see a figure approaching me, in the opposite direction.

I quickly hid behind a tree with a thick trunk and stayed as silent as I could. I could here the fast footsteps approaching where I was. I was not sure if it was Barty or not, but I was hoping with all my might it was.

“Laylah” Barty’s deep voice rang in through out the forest. A feeling of relief took over my body and I stepped out from my hiding spot. I ran over to Barty and pulled him into a hug.

He hugged me back briefly but pulled back “What are you doing in here” He asked angrily.

“I was coming to get you, we need get out of here before we are killed” I said pleading him with my eyes.

“If we leave the Dark Lord will know, and we will get killed anyway”

I shook my head “Not if we go into hiding. I just want to be with you. I don’t want to be a death eater and marry that slim ball, Draco Malfoy”