To Protect you

🔥💧Zutara fanfic

I woke up a little confused on where I was and then I remembered; katara and I were looking for the man that killed her mother. She was flying appa and I felt bad because I hadn't flown yet.

'You should sleep so you can have energy. i'll fly appa' I offered. She didn't like it when people helped her because she had the mentality of 'I am strong enough to do it all by myself' so it didn't surprise me when she said-

'I don't need to sleep, I have all the energy I need' and continued flying

___________________________________

'O you better remember me like your life depends on it' she said. she moved her hands and he kneeled down in front of her. I looked at her in shock as she bloodbent him then continued to look at him.

'I don't remember I swear!' he said. katara looked at him one more time.

'It's not him...' she said. She looked broken by the fact that we hadn't found him and I hated that. I hated that she hurt and that she was in pain. She walked away and slammed the guy against the wall.

'If your not him than where is yon ra!' I yelled. He told me he retired 4 years ago

___________________________________________-

'There's nothing inside you, nothing at all' she finished. She had shown him mercy when he had shown her mother none. She walked away and I followed. She tried to stay strong and hold back tears for the time that he could see her. Once we were out of sight she started balling. I wrapped my arms around her and lov- and hugged her.

'Katara it's okay you did the right thing' I said. She had and I was proud of her.

'I don't know if I was to weak to do it or if I was strong enough not to.' she sobbed. I rubbed her back.

'You were strong enough not to Katara. You were' I said. She looked up at me with those gorgeous sapphire eyes that were now filled with tears. I wiped one away with my thumb.

'Thanks Zuko' she said. She pulled away from my embrace and got onto appa.

'I'll fly him' I said.

'It's okay I wi-'

'No katara. You need to sleep. You had a really long day and you need to rest.' I said. I held onto the reigns. She curled up on appa's saddle and slept. Appa knew part of the way so I turned around and looked at her. She is so peaceful when she sleeps, beautiful in everyway. I wished I could be the one who made her smile and blush instead of Aang.I don't hate Aang i'm just... jealous. Appa was getting tired so I landed him in a field that had trees for cover. Katara was still asleep so I decided not to make a tent and just t sleep on appa. It was a cold night so I pulled a blanket ut and wrapped katara in it. I could raise my temperature with fire bending but she couldn't so I gave her the only one. I layed down next to her.

'Mmm' she moaned in her sleep. She seemed a bit restless. I moved closer to her so she could feel my heat. She wrapped her arms around me and nuzzled into my chest. I froze but then saw the smile on her sleeping face and smilled. I wrapped my arms around her and readjusted the blanket. Her arms were bent into her and against my chest. I stroked her hair until I slept

'Aaaaaagh' I heard her scream. She jumped away from me so fast she almost fell off appa.

'What is it?' I asked sitting up.

'I was hugging you in my sleep sorry' she said sheepishly. It's okay really just next time don't be wearing that dress...

'You were cold so I used firebending to raise my temperature and warm you' I said.