Chapter 9

Chapter 9

As the crowd of mourning villagers returned to their homes, I silently watched as Lilly still stood by the grave, her tears forming puddles, mixing with the rainwater.

When everyone except Lilly were out of sight, I decided to apologise. And not just apologise; I wanted to give everything I owned to her - even my heart.

I knew that my master, The Devil, would not be fond of that; I was destined to serve evil, therefore being cruel myself.

I slowly emerged from the bushes, and headed toward the fragile, broken-hearted mother.

"I am so sorry." I whispered, placing my hand on her bony shoulder.

She turned around, sadness radiating from her body.

Nothing in the world could have prepared me for her reaction.

---------

"John!" She screamed, arms flying around my broad shoulders.

I gasped. She could have launched at me, attempted to kill me, or scream for help from the villagers.

But embracing me after all my diabolical actions?

I pulled away from her.

"I am so glad you are here to support me though this tragedy."

"Glad?" I wondered.

"Of course! You are my closest friend."

After what I have done to Lisa, to herself, I have certainly not expected such a positive reaction from her.

"After all I have done to you.." I whispered.

"What?" She asked quizzically.

"Don't you know who caused the...Death...Of...Lisa?" I choked out.

She was punishing me. She clearly knew what was the cause of her daughter's death. She wanted me to confess, to cry out in mercy.

Once I opened my mouth to do so, her words stunned me to the point I could not breathe.

"Who? Lisa died...Not because of someone, but something."

She was calling me a thing. I deserved that.

"Lisa fell off a high rock whilst playing in the woods." she chocked out, tears still pouring down her cheeks.

She...Fell off? Didn't she remember that I had killed her? I was a murderer.

However, master sent me a message;

She didn't.

Master purposefully made all the villagers to forget about what I had done.

Master was doing me a favour.

For a price.

I didn't know what other truck Satan wanted to do on me, and I knew I would never be prepared.

Without saying goodbye to Lilly, I headed towards my home.

Master told me so.

------

I chocked our for air as another wave of nausea took over me.

I felt disgusted as a litre of oozy, crimson liquid poured from my mouth;

I had been vomiting blood since yesterday, once I left the church graveyard.

Master was punishing me.

The Devil was punishing me for visiting an area belonging to church; or so I thought.

I felt a large ache in my leg and neck muscles. I cried out as I heard a loud ripping sound in my calves.

I never thought that master would punish me so severely.

I literally screamed as I felt my blood vessels in my back burst, as if my back was expanding.

What was happening to me?

It felt as if I was being hung; my neck was becoming longer every second.

And my back seemed to be pierce by a thousand arrows.

Knowing that my existence was at stake, I ran out of my house and sprinted towards the forest to see the one who created me. The one who controlled me.

Master.

--------

Guys I am so sorry for this horrible update :( School, homework and other important things to do are driving me crazy :O I just wrote this chapter in the car :( sorry

Also, please vote and comment! I got more than 200 reads on the last chapter and less than 100 votes!! Guys, please don't think that someone else will do it. PLEASE VOTE and comment! I will love you forever!