Chapter II: The Attack

Chapter II-The Attack

John Travolta

It was a fair day in Perth, a city found in the south-western coast of Australia. The sun gleamed across my newly awoken eyes that blinded me for a second. My wife Alena, hugged and kissed me. I then checked the news, I couldn't believe my eyes

"This is Jack Smith reporting here at downtown Perth. Recently, an explosion happened at the financial center. We believe from witnesses that this could be an act of terrorism Police are now on their way to investigate.... Wait are those jets? Oh no! Their bombing the city.... The..i..r bom.....cit......"

"This is a citywide announcement: The whole country is being attacked by unknown terrorists....They have attacked different locations in the country. Please proceed to the shelter east from the city...."

I called my wife.

"Alena, are you seeing this?" I asked her

"Seeing what?"

"The news. Come here and look."

Suddenly the radio broadcasted an announcement: "All citizens proceed to the shelter located east of the city immediately. Once you're there you will be guided accordingly. I repeat all.......proceed.....city.......guided" then everything was static

There was a cold and dead silence for a minute. Then she asked me "What are we gonna do now John?"

"Look, you have to go on yourselves. Take the kids with you, just follow the directions the broadcaster said" I said to her

"Why?" She asked but I interrupted her. "Just pack your bags and get in the car"

She hastily packed and she proceeded to the car.

I was driving the car to the shelter and then.

Suddenly a loud sound then an explosion was heard in the distance.

"Look, Alena! Listen to me! You have to go. But, I can't go"

"But why." Alena was weeping

"I'm sorry. You just have to go. I promise i'll be there" I said. My eyes were wet with tears.

"Please do come back. Look we can communicate, we could call each other. Just try calling to me. Okay"

After one last hug and a kiss I dropped them off the shelter. I saw them one last time. I saw Alena and my elder daughter waving their hand at me. They got in and the bunker door was closed shut.

I drove my car back to the house. I then heard another loud sound. I saw a bright, blinding flash coming towards me. I noticed that everywhere I look, there were explosions. I called my wife.

"Alena, are you still there"

"This might be the last time you'll here from me."

"No matter what happens I will always lo......you....."

The missile exploded right in front of me and the next thing I knew my car exploded.

"Their all dead, sir!" that's all I heard as soon as I woke up. Then the voices faded away. All of the rescuers left me to die here. I just missed the chance of saving myself The scorching heat from the sun felt painful in my wounds. I felt the extreme pain my leg down. I then prayed my last. And as I lay in silence facing my death towards the sun, either out of coincidence or a blessing from the Lord, A strange guy helped me up.