A Life Worth Living ~Hermione and Draco Story~

~J.K Rowling owns all rights to these characters. Except Amelia. That little bundle of sunshine is mine!!!~

Hermione's POV

I packed. Everything I needed I packed. Even some things I didn't need were packed. I had cleared the cupboards of non-perishable foods. My practical clothes were in my beaded bag. The essential books I may need were in my beaded bag. I had three tents, all shrunk and in my rucksack. I had hundreds of self-replenishing potions. My final items were some personal ones. I had made a copy of the picture Madame Pomfrey took of me, Draco and Amelia, on the day she was born. I choked up looking at that picture, but I would need it with me, to remind me why I was out there. She is the reason I would fight. I would die before I saw her harmed.

It has been two months since she was taken, and my heart grows colder each day we are apart. It kills me to wake each morning, knowing I cannot hold her, knowing I will no see those big, beautiful brown eyes, or those bouncing blonde curls. Oh, how I miss her.

Draco and I have become so distant. He is out everyday, searching with Harry, while I search with Ginny. Each night, we fight and go to bed angry with one another. I wake each morning and he is gone, his side of the bed perfectly made, like he was never there. It breaks my heart a little.

But I was done! I couldn't do small searches anymore, searching obvious places. I needed to search alone and go with my instinct. And right now, my instinct was leading me to the Forest of Dean.

I hoisted the rucksack onto my back and clutched my wand tightly.

"I'm sorry" I whispered to the empty house, before I apparated to my chosen spot. I immediately cast a disillusionment charm over myself.

I kept walking, not knowing where I was going, but feeling it was the right way to go.

****************************************************

I walked for what felt like hours, not stopping. Eventually, tiredness overtook me and I had to set up my camp for the night.

I had no knowledge of what time it was right not. The only thing I knew, was that it was getting dark, and it being the middle of the summer, it was probably pretty late.

The cold air whipped around me as I set up my tent. I got so frustrated with it, that I just flicked my wand and it set itself up. I cast my charms around the campsite, protecting myself.

The war was over, but it was a force of habit. The months of travelling with Harry and Ron made a huge impact on me and my life. They may have been hard times, but they were nothing in comparison to what I felt now.

When I was searching for horcruxes, I never thought about my emotions, because my emotions were never needed. It was always my brain working in overload. The only emotional time I remember was when Ron walked out on us. I was an emotional wreck, because I had lost my best friend.

But that emotional turmoil was nothing to what I feel on a daily basis. The struggle of getting out of bed, coupled with that feeling of emptiness and worthlessness. I wake up many a day wondering, 'Is this a life worth living?'

As my head hit the pillow, I pushed all negative thoughts out of my head and thought about the past few weeks.

*MEMORY*

It was a week after Amelia had been taken and me and Draco were frantically searching. We still had no idea who took her or where she was.

We got home and collapsed onto the couch, too tired to go to bed!

I awoke the next morning to find myself alone. The flat was cold and empty and it felt foreign. I didn't like it.

I picked up my phone and called Ginny.