Baby Sitting Kaelyn

• Dedicated to Kaelyn <3

(parent's names are made up)

Bethany's POV

Standing outside the house I felt more nervous than I expected. I know, its only a babysitting job but its my first and something about this house just made me nervous, or excited. I guess I had allready stood there for over 5 minutes and outside at 8:00pm isn't usually the safest time to be alone. I rang the door bell and walked a couple of steps back from the big brown door. 

Kaelyn's mom's (Allison) POV

I quickly got up from my cooking and jogged to the door bell. It was only sunday after noon so I wasn't in much of a rush because me and Peter (kaelyn's dad) weren't going out untill 8:45pm. We didn't have our usual babysitter today because she had just started college and was out for the night so we tried someone from the local notice board at the supermarket. I pulled open the heavy wooden door to find a 14 year old girl. About average hight with long golden hair. 

"Hi! I'm bethany you must be Allison! Nice to meet you" She said reaching out to shake my hand. I knew she was the exactly the type of person I was looking for. Just how friendly and open she was I immediatly shook her hand and invited her in.

"Ive prepared a meal for the kids because Kaelyn just got back from a gymnastics lesson and ice cream is in the freezer if they ask but basically there isn't much else to know," I said calmly as we walked down the long hall and into the large organised kitchen. "Oh Ethan needs to be in bed by 9:00pm tonight and kaelyn can be up till 12:00pm because theres no school tomorrow for either of them. Apart from that I think your good to go" I said smiling at her as I served the pasta onto 4 shining plates. 

"Thanks" said Bethany smiling "I have to admit I was a little nervous at first but you have made it so easy for me. I love your house by the way!" See, this is what I loved about Bethany. How many other babysitters claim they were nervous but compliment you as well? 

"Thank you!" I quickly checked my watched and saw that the time was allready 8:15pm "I have to get going now but... Kaelyn and Ethans rooms are down the hall, Ethan's room on the left. I think Kaelyn is in the art room at the moment and Ethan is in the third living room down that hall there and fourth door to the right," I explained pointing out the different rooms and halls.

"Ok, bedrooms down to the right and living room to the left. Got it!" Bethany replied happily.

"I'll be back by 12pm tomorrow morning and don't worry, nothing on tomorrow so you are free to go out to the park or mall and its Kaelyn's turn to walk the dog tomorrow morning so she will probably do that by herself. I'll just pop down and get Peter and then we will head out. Have fun with the kids I'm sure you will get on" I walked down the hall to get Peter and I think I saw Bethany go down to the living room to find Ethan.

Bethany's POV

Gosh this house is big. I walked down into the living room to Ethan. I remembered Allison explaining on the email that Ethan was autistic and explained just to talk quietly and calmly to Ethan. She also said if he gets very angry, to get kaelyn and she knows what to do. 

I saw Ethan sitting on the ground playing with a toy. I think it was a toy truck and he seemed to be enjoying it so I walked over a little closer and kneeled down and introduced myself. He seemed to understand and he passed the toy over to me. For around 5 minutes we played with a truck and he was having alot of fun. I asked him if he wanted dinner and he got out his iPad and opened an app tapped a few buttons and a voice said "i'm hunger for..." then "pasta". Thats lucky thats what we are having. I told Ethan I would be back soon with dinner.

I walked down the hall and managed to find the art room. I peered inside but no one was there but a large desk and rainbow colored walls, so I continued my journey through the massive house where everything had its place but could be touched not moved but touched. Where I didn't feel small like I thought I would. I felt together with the house and warm and cosy. Retracing my steps from the third living room I found myself in the kitchen again. I decided I would look in the bedrooms for kaelyn so I went down the right hall and found two doors at the end. Ok so Kaelyn's room is on the right. Seems simple enough. I slowly opened the door to a very bright and colorfull room that lashed at my eyes. This would have been my dream room when I was young. It was big with two doors coming from it. An ensuite and walk in wardrobe I guess. I walked in a few steps to see Kaelyn sitting cross legged on her double bed with her laptop and a few books next to her. 

"Hi! I'm Bethany. You're Kaelyn right?" I said "I'm the baby sitter for the night, you probably knew that already".

"Hiya" 

"Your mum just left before and I've introduced myself to Ethan. Would you like dinner? It's tomato and bacon pasta?" 

"Yeeees! I love bacon lol" She said standing up wearing a black cat tank and denim shorts.

"Ok, well I'll get that in a minute. Is there anything you want to do tonight?" I asked Kaelyn. Then all of a suddon I realised something. I've seen this girl before. I recognise her name too. You know when you just can't recall what something is? Yeah thats what I have. 

'Um, mom might've forgotten to tell you but my friends coming over tonight and we were going to go for a late night swim in the pool. If you have a bathing suite with you, you could come in or something?"

"Sure... I think I brought my togs" Then it hit me. The pool, the room, the name? This was my little sisters idol! She's off a youtube channel seven super girls. If I told my sister she would freak out, but it is her birthday in a while... maybe I could do something then. Oh well I can't think about that now I'm baby sitting.

"Hey, your off seven super girls aren't you? My sister loves that channel, I'm pretty sure your like her idol lol" 

"Thanks so much!" She seemed pretty happy "I'd love to meet her one day"

AN: 

Hey guys! Thanks to who ever reads this! I'm going to have kaelyns POV soom but atm I'm just doing Beth's one. 

To all you #kaelynators have an awesome day and

(kaelyn has read this xD)

TOODLES