SIX

SIX

Grace Evans believed in dreams coming true.

The fact was known throughout all of LaPush and Forks, Washington. Whether they were close friends with the pale faced girl or simply heard about her. It was well known that Grace was a believer in dreams and fairytales. While it left her the blunt end of many jokes and tricks, the blonde didn't allow it to damper her spirit, often continuing about her day following a teasing as if nothing had occurred. 

Coincidently what she was currently doing. 

The blonde supported deep red cheeks, her saphire eyes were hazy as she continued her way through the school hallway ignoring the eyes glued to her. She walked alone, the few friends she did have were not in school today, leaving her alone with the vultures. She supposed that was why they chose today to tease her compared to others. Mia was home dealing with her parents, and she had no idea where Embry, Paul or Jared had disappeared to. Jacob and Quil refused to speak to her following her involvement with the other three boys who were a part of Sam's "cult", leaving her to try and defend herself in the cruel world that is high school. 

Approaching her locker, Grace wasted no time opening it and pulling her books from the inside. Slipping the items into her bookbag, she quickly closed her locker and continued on her way out of the school, determined to escape the taunts and teases that were thrown her way. 

"Where's prince charming now?" The rough shove came from nowhere, the blonde falling into the lockers beside her. Standing in the middle of the hallway was a senior, someone she could barely recall seeing throughout her school years. She couldn't recall his name, no matter how hard she tried. Although that wasn't saying much since she tended to be oblivious to what was going on around her. "Your fairytales can't save you now," He taunted, his friends joining his sides to stare down the pale faced girl. 

Clutching her bag tightly, Grace continued down the hall, pushing past the growing crowd before she finally made it out of the doors. The taunts continued, although no one laid a hand on her again as she exited the building. Ignoring the rain that poured from the sky, Grace continued down the sideway quickly, just wanting to get home and away from the school. A grunt fell past her lips as she slipped on the slick pavement, landing on her rear end and sending a sharp pain up her spine. Laughter behind her reminded her she wasn't far enough away from the school, the blonde ignoring the pain as she pushed herself onto her feet and continued away from the school. 

Twenty minutes later, Grace stepped in front of her house. Soaked to her core, she hurried up the front porch steps, shivering in the cool air as she paused long enough the unlock the front door. The warmth of the house instantly relaxed her, she wasted no time disappearing down the hall to her room to change clothes and get dry.