Part 30 : Waiting

Joe's POV

Alfie let go of my ankle and he scrambled to his feet. We all ran over to Zoe's cold body on the floor. The driver of the car stepped out and started to ring 999. I tried to wake her up. She didn't. When the ambulance finally arrived me an Leah stepped in. I closed the door before Alfie got in and told the driver to drive quickly. Surprisingly he drove away and in a few minutes we were at the a&e. Zoe was rushed out of the ambulance and into the hospital. The doctors told us to sit down in the relatives room and she gave us a cup of tea each. Leah cuddled into my arm and she started shaking with fear.

An hour later one of the doctors came in the room. He closed the door and sat down.
'Can we see her now?' I said
'Emm, no sorry. She's in surgery now but I have to inform you. She's in a very bad state...you need to prepare for the worst.' Leah broke down into tears. I tried to hold back the tears but it didn't work. They started rolling down my cheeks forming a puddle around us.

It was 11:00 pm. We got there at 4:00 pm. Zoe had been in surgery for most of the day. After the doctor came in me and Leah stood outside. As we walked though the waiting room we saw Alfie. He stared at us as if he was just looking through us. We continued outside. We stood there for about 10 minutes. We came back in to the relatives room to find the doctor sitting in one of the seats. 'Oh there you are. I have good news. You can come and see her now.'
Me and Leah rushed into emergency ward. Zoe was lying on a bed. She had scrapes all over her face and a black eye. She was asleep when we came in but she woke up when Leah went to hold her hand. 'Hi.' Said Zoe.
'Oh my god, hi we've been so worried!' Leah said. I couldn't manage to put my feelings into words. I wanted to tell her how much I loved her, how much I needed her. 'Zoe, I need to tell you something.' I said
'Go ahea*coughing* she began to say before she started shaking and spluttering everywhere. Her eyes shut and her body started to move up and down violently.
'GET OUT...GET OUT NOW!' The doctor shouted at us.

A/n thank you for reading and I hope you all enjoyed it 😂😏❤️