Tears to you, my dear.

PROLOGUE

“There they are!” He grabbed my hands and I let out a loud scream as we slide down the hill. Thou some part of me wants to hit and punch him hard for just pulling me suddenly without considering that I’m on high heels, a completely different feeling dominated over me.

His hands were still entwined to mine as we continue to run, more likely to glide sweetly, towards the batch of musicians. All of the sudden, the scene turned to slow motion, with butterflies and flowers and heart-shaped objects floating all over us, simultaneous to a dulcet melody.

And next thing that I know, all in my head was we are in our wedding attire, still merrily running, hand in hand, in the same manner. He stopped, and so did I. He looked serenely straight to my eyes, lifted me to the air, his lips pressed passionately to mine.

But of course it is just what’s in my head, and that one would sure just stay there for eternally. I didn’t notice that I was already dragged back to reality not until his yells pierced my hallucinations.

“Avrillione! Avrillione!!”

“AVRILLIONE!!”

And when I looked up to face him, he was all so busy setting up a dinning table.

“Are those wines ready? How about the candles? Do I look alright?” By the sound of his voice, anyone could confirm that he was really anxious, and excited.

For a moment I was bewildered, barely able to make out some sense from his questions. Weren’t we tied tightly to each other’s arms a while ago? Weren’t we looking to each other’s eyes lovingly and admiringly? And then it hit me. Like a lighting.

How did I forget? Of course tonight is the night, my best friend AND the secret love of my life, Drary, is supposed to propose to my best friend AND the love of HIS life, Yuri. And the reason why I’m here in this memorable evening is to help Drary in the preparations, and at the same time, to witness how my best friend would woo my best friend,  how my love would break my heart. Pathetic, clearly isn't it?

“There she is!”

He then again grabbed my hand but by this time, I suppressed a loud scream of anguish, and held back my tears, as he push me to the back door. And thou some part of me is eager to convince myself to be just happy as he approach Yuri with flowers hidden behind his back, a completely different idea has dominated over me. I held the knife near me so dearly, cutting out every butterflies, flowers, and heart-shaped objects that comes in my way.

He looked serenely straight to Yuri's eyes, lifted her to the air, his lips pressed passionately to hers.

That was when my broken heart seem to be so sure, so doubtless. They were interrupted, of couse they were, by my sudden entrance and yet they greeted me with a smile. A smile, without their knowing that would be their last.

I smiled back and tighted my grip to what I was holding.

And that was the night when things were absolutely not going to be the same again.