Chapter 40

Days went by and Jamie was getting a little better every day. She could walk on her own, which was really important to her. She rather did things on her own.

Our 7 months anniversary was coming up. And I was more than a 100% sure to ask her to marry me. It might be a bit early but I love her. And I feel like she's the one for me. The love of my life.

"I'll be back in a few babe", I said. "Where are you going?", she said. "I have to pick something up from the store. It won't take long, I promise." "Okay babe." I pecked her lips and grabbed my coat.
"I love you", I said. "I love you too", she said smiling.

--------

I got at the mall, immediately being recognized. I tried to keep walking, but the crowd just got bigger and bigger.

I took pictures with a few of them, and signed some phones and arms. "Thanks for coming guys", I said. "But I'd like to keep going." I started walking. "Bye Demi!", a few girls yelled. "Bye guys!" I love my fans but I really just wanted to pick up the ring and go back to Jamie.

I walked into a jewelry store. One ring immediately caughy my eye. I knew she would love this one. It was a beautiful silver ring, with a clear blue diamond on it. The diamond wasn't too big, and not too small. It was perfect.

"Hi, how may I help you", a woman said. She was around her 50's and was wearing a lot of jewelry.
"Hi. I would like to see that one please", I said pointing at the ring. "Of course." She laid it on the counter. "This is a silver ring with a blue diamond. The price of this ring is $1275." I nodded. "It's beautiful", I said. "I'll take it."
I knew this was the perfect ring.
"Perfect. I just need to know the size", she said.

Fuck. What was her ring size.

I remember her loving one of my rings but it was a little too big.

"I think its one size smaller than mine", I said. I took of one of my rings and handed it to her.
She went to the back to grab the ring. "What may the colour of the box be?", she asked. I could choose between red, black, white or dark blue. Red was one of Jamie's favorite colours, so that's what I picked. "The red one please", I said.

She packed it real nice. "Thank you so much", I said. "You're welcomem And, good luck!", she said smiling. I smiled back. "Thank you."
I walked out and went straight for my car, ignoring every screaming girl.

--------

I arrived at the hotel and got out of my car. I went upstairs and stopped in front of the door. I let out a deep sigh and walked inside. I hid the ring behind my back.

"No! I don't want to talk to you anymore!", I heard Jamie yelling. She was on the phone. I just waited for her to finish her call.

"Whatever happened between us is in the past!", she yelled. "I don't care if it was just a month ago. Remember when I got in that car accident? Your fucking fault. Just leave me the fuck alone!"

A month ago?.. We were dating.. What happened? Who was that?

"It was just a one time thing!" "I'm not into you anymore!"

She cheated..

My hands got weak, which made me drop the ring. Jamie quickly turned around. Her eyes were widened. "I gotta go", she said, and hung up. "Demi", she said. She walked up to me.

"No.. Don't you even dare to touch me..", I said.

I ran out the door, and didn't bother to even look back.