Chapter 8- The Road & Reuniting With Old 'Friends'

*****Brendon's Point Of View*****

"Brendon, you have to okay? She said this will help you. I'll be right there."

"But what if I'm not so lucky this time? Should I write a will before we go?" I said, frantically searching for a pen and pad.

"Brendon, It's fine, truly. You can do this." Sarah stated, almost as if she was giving me a pep talk before a game.

"Can't it wait? We can do it another time?"

"We have to be there in 20 minutes, and it's a 20 minute drive. Come on Bren, let's go!"

I got into the driver's seat and squirmed around nervously, knowing where we were going to end up.

"Are you sure Sarah?'

"Yes. Let's go. Put the car in drive. That's it."

I travelled down our street nervously, dreading the eventual trip down the highway. I turned onto the road and began steering to the outside lanes.

"Brendon, this isn't going to work if you aren't going to do what she said."

I turned the car back into the middle lane and began shaking wildly. I could barely control the car. I became really worried at the sight of any car going past and began panicking.

"SARAH! Help. Please!" I sobbed.

"JESUS BRENDON!" She shrieked, leaning over and gripping the wheel with one hand, trying to steady the car and stop it from going all over the road. She ended up driving us into a rest stop on the side of the road.

"Get out." She commanded.

I climbed out of the car and went into the passenger side, hanging my head in absolute shame.

Sarah took a deep breath to compose herself.

"Why didn't you tell me beforehand that you weren't going to be able to drive down Parkinson's?" She asked gently.

I bit my lip. "I just wanted to show you I could do it, and that I didn't need the medication."

"Brendon, you should've just told me babe. I know you don't like the medication but it's for the best. Are you okay for me to keep going?" Sarah asked comfortingly.

I nodded glumly and sat in the passenger seat, not saying a word. I could tell Sarah was worried about me, she kept shooting occasional glances in my direction.

"I'm sorry. I'm so stupid." I said, throwing my face into my hands.

"You're not stupid Brendon, you've just been through a lot, and it's understandable, okay? I'm not judging you, and neither is anybody else. Anyway, we're here."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*****Kaitlyn's Point Of View*****

"THEY'RE HERE KAITLYN!" I heard Mrs Hungin scream from the other room.

I looked up from the TV and looked towards the front door. There was a light knock, probably Sarah, and Gretchen rushed to open it. She had mostly recovered from the fight, with only a couple of bruises and a small gash on her forehead. I was still badly injured, and it hurt to move honestly.

"Hey Bub! Ready to come home?" Sarah asked as she walked in the door, completely ignoring Gretchen.

I gave her a half smile and pushed myself off of the chair, ignoring the screaming pain from my abdomen. Mrs Hungin had decided to not give me painkillers as a punishment for the fight, which was not fair at all, but I didn't want to push her further. I had been annoying enough.